Friday, November 04, 2005

Memories, Via Negativa, phone posts, For Better or For Worse, Jon's iPod, King Missile, and quizzes

Stolen from Amy:

If you read this, if your eyes are passing over this right now, even if we don't speak often, please post a comment with a memory of you and me. It can be anything you want, either good or bad. I promise not to come after you with a spatula, either way.


Quick meme taken from Tim:

Aristotle believed that you could discover the nature of the unknown by describing what it is not. This process was called Via Negativa. In an effort to show people a little more about yourself, post this paragraph in your journal and write 7 phrases below it about what you are not.

1) I am not a vegetarian.
2) I am not an RPG person.
3) I am not a dog person.
4) I am not a perfect typist.
5) I am not energetic.
6) I am not totally God-focused.
7) I am not a scientific person.


How To Listen To Phone Posts

If you use Windows Media Player, all you have to do is download Tobias Everwood to play ogg files.

Once you install this, you will need to manually tell Windows to open .ogg files in Windows Media Player. The installer doesn't automatically associate file types for you, though you can tell it to.

That's it.. that's all you have to do to make ogg work.


For Better or For Worse monthly character resolution wrap-ups


Read the first sentence of this article VERY carefully.


I emailed my brother about a birthday / Christmas gift... he says he kinda wants an iPod, but he'd want to shop around for those expensive things first. So I guess I'll see about subsidizing a BIT of the price when he gets back in December... ;)

I want some beer, now. :P

Also, I love King Missile's Detachable Penis. :D


Lyrics

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover, and my penis was missing again. This happens all the time. It's detachable. This comes in handy a lot of the time. I can leave it home when I think it's going to get me in trouble, or I can rent it out when I don't need it. But now and then I go to a party, get drunk, and the next morning I can't for the life of me remember what I did with it. First I looked around my apartment and I couldn't find it, so I called up the place where the party was, they hadn't seen it either. I asked them to check the medicine cabinet coz for some reason, I leave it there sometimes, but not this time.

So I told them if it pops up to let me know. I called a few people who were at the party, but they were no help either. I was starting to get desperate. I really don't like being without my penis for too long. It makes me feel like less of a man and I really hate to have to sit down every time I take a leak. After a few hours of searching the house and calling everyone I could think of, I was starting to get very depressed, so I went to the Kiev and ate breakfast. Then as I walked down Second Avenue toward St. Mark's Place, where all those people sell used books and other junk on the street, I saw my penis lying on a blanket next to a broken toaster oven.

Some guy was selling it. I had to buy it off him. He wanted 22 bucks, but I talked him down to 17. I took it home, washed it off, and put it back on. I was happy again. Complete. People sometimes tell me I should get it permanently attached, but I don't know. Even though sometimes it's a pain in the ass, I like having a detachable penis.



Popular Kid

In high school, everyone knew your name - even if you didn't know theirs.

In fact, you're still skating by on your looks and charm. Nothing wrong with that!



Your L.A.M.B. Look Is
L.A.M.B. Pleated Blazer



Your Engagement Ring
Platinum Princess-Cut Diamond Band (1 1/5 ct. tw.)



On Average, You Would Sell Out For

$281,571



Take the quiz: "Which Guitar Player Are You?"

John Petrucci
You are John Petrucci! You are the lead guitarist for Dream Theater, one of the most underknown and underappreciated bands of the past 15 years. You are a pioneer to progressive rock, and an incredible musical composer. You have one of the widest scale ranges of all guitar players.

All of the possible quiz results for this quiz:

* Slash (You scored 0)
* Randy Rhoads (You scored 1)
* Yngwie Malmsteen (You scored 1)
* Joe Satriani (You scored 0)
* Steve Vai (You scored 1)
* Angus Young (You scored 0)
* John Petrucci (You scored 3)
* Buckethead (You scored 0)
* Marty Friedman (You scored 3)
* Michael Angelo Batio (You scored 1)
* Jimi Hendrix (You scored 0)
* Zakk Wylde (You scored 0)
* Dave Mustaine (You scored 0)
* Eddie Van Halen (You scored 0)
* Kirk Hammet (You scored 0)
* Andres Segovia (You scored 0)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home