Monday, November 21, 2005

Unexpected things in the mail, various US Thanksgiving quizzes

Highlights of today so far:

* John (snooooopy) got my Christmas card when he finally made it to Kentucky.. sweet! :D

* Got a Christmas card in the mail from Julie. (julie709) It's so cute... "The Little Drummer Boy Meets the Big Flute Girl as the Three Wise Men come up to the manger" from Inherit The Mirth.

* Sara (sparkle_bint) got my Christmas package of a card, a Vancouver postcard, a Canada keychain with a penny in it, and a collectible Canada spoon.

* Jasmine (surrey_sucks) sent me a Christmas card with a bunch of heart / flower / happy face / strawberry / animal stickers as a surprise early Christmas gift... whoa, that was unexpected! Of course I don't have a problem with it being early... I have cards from last year myself! (what do you think I've been using for all MY cards so far? :P) Now that means I have to send her a card in return, plus something from her wishlist.

Let's see...

1. A co-signer for her condo (yeah, right...)
2. To go back to school (I can't do that for her)
3. A boy toy (no way...)
4. Friends to hang out with (she probably means new ones who don't live out in the sticks)
5. Books!!! (maybe...)
6. Green Day's Bullet in a Bible DVD (nope)
7. Desperate Housewives, Season 1 DVD (nope)
8. A threesome (immoral!)
9. A job that mentally stimulates my mind and keeps me busy (and that pays well!) (can't do that for her, either)
10. Happiness (I'm trying to find some myself...)


5. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

Talk to the Hand by Lynne Truss

The Piano Teacher by Elfriede Jelinek

Dry: A Memoir by Augusten Burroughs

DNA: The Secret of Life by James Watson

Curious George and Friends by H.A. and Margaret Rey

The Seuss, The Whole Seuss, And Nothing But The Seuss: A Visual Biography of Theodor Seuss Geisel by Charles Cohen

Playing With Fire by Peter Robinson

Killer Germs: Microbes and Diseases that Threaten Humanity by Barry Zimmerman

The Killers Within: The Deadly Rise of Drug-Resistant Bacteria by Michael Shnayerson

Probably one of the books will be the most doable, as I now have her address. :D




Name tag for Leslie from QuizGalaxy.com


Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com



Your Thanksgiving Costume Is
Flamboyant Indian



You Are Corn on the Cob Soda

Like sucking on a stick of butter.



You Are The Cranberry Sauce

A little sweet, a little sour - you've got the flava!
Though, you do tend to squish in people's mouths...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home