Sunday, November 20, 2005

Church and hockey

Vancouver has a new mayor: Sam Sullivan. Oh, and the MLAs gave themselves a big fat pay raise a few days ago too.... lovely, not. :P

This morning, my parents were late picking me up: apparently, they told my sister that she was being rude when she suggested that they drive themselves and pick Michael's mom up if they were running late. Guess who was ready and waiting in the car first? Not my parents... my sister! (I swear, it's like they want to keep us waiting... probably the same rationale behind the "if you need a ride, you better be waiting for us no matter how late we are" thing, grr!) During the car ride, I told my sister about what Mom had said about the kid carrying a human body in what was obviously an instrument case: um, a kid can't possibly carry a heavy DEAD body around! DUH.

At church, Danielle wondered where I'd been: I gave her the low-down on the baby banquet, not feeling well, and Eric feeling tired the other night. Unlike what SOMEONE thinks, I wasn't skipping Fellowship... I didn't really want to go through the hassle of getting a last-minute ride / taking the bus last minute in the dark anyhow, so it was good that I had another night to myself to work. People just don't understand that, and at least Eric told me right when I was about to call him.

Eunice and Steph were discussing SIU LONG BAO... it's been about two months since we had an SLB night, so we definitely have to get one going! I was thinking about having one of those just the other night, haha. Justin also told me that his sister Fidela was getting back for a few days this week because of the US Thanksgiving.. yay! (I don't know about the Grey Cup game [where my sister and dad are going] next week since there's a HOCKEY GAME at night... I have no idea whether I'll even get a ride from Eric!) Later, I talked to Sheena about the hockey game at 1... usually, they're at night or late afternoon. Good thing I had a ride home early, though not as early as I wanted since we had to have lunch first. Vivian's sister Karen gave me a postcard from her... thanks, Vivian! I also asked Karen Chan whether Helen K. had had her baby yet: it's a boy named Nicholas, on the 16th. (three days after his mom's birthday!) Maybe I'll email her later on this week: if I call them, I might wake up the baby... not a good thing, heh.

My mom drove me home after lunch, but she HAD to stop at some textiles place. After that, she asked me: "So tell me, are you going with us?" Naturally, I asked her what the heck she was talking about... and then she accused me of being cranky. Um, I think I need some INFORMATION such as the destination / time / who else is going! Never mind what she said later about how she and my sister think Joe is the best prospect for me, or her singing Christmas carols... she drives me INSANE! (I was glad to get home, oh yes!)

Turns out she was talking about some mini-vacation she wants to take with the family after Kate, Melissa, and Jon's Toronto friends all go home in very early January.. and she wants me to decide by NEXT WEEK since they "have to plan everything." I guess I'll see about it later... not if it's on the weekend since I have stuff going on. Oh, and I learned that she told me the wrong thing: Jon actually gets back on Dec. 14 and stays till Jan. 10; it's still a month's break, almost! We'll have good times while he's here... he'll love Steph's "farting is an art, Rembrandt" birthday card, hahaha.


I did get to listen to some of the hockey game this afternoon: it was 1-0 when I first started listening, then it was 1-1. At the very end of the second period, Trevor Linden scored his second of the season on a penalty shot. Then the Ducks scored 47 seconds into the third: Rob Niedermayer from his brother, even.. afterwards, the Canucks scored at 12:12... faceoffs were important! The Ducks goalie played very well, and Brian Burke (the ex-Canucks GM and now-Ducks GM) said the same.. his wife Jennifer Mather (who used to be a news anchor here) is expecting a baby in early December. There were lots of hot tempers at the end of the game as well, mainly from Teemu Selanne who totally lost it by cross-checking Bryan Allen in the back of the head. (but our player didn't react to that... what poise!)

The two best Ducks players (Selanne and Scott Niedermayer) were gone at the end: 33 minor penalties in the game, with 10 power plays for each team! Lots of confusion as to how many people were on the ice because of coincidental minor penalties, but the Canucks evened their road record to .500 with a 3-2 win while handing the Ducks their 8th consecutive defeat (they're 7-10-4)! (Dan Cloutier had 31 saves, and Sami Salo had two goals) The three stars of the game were Scott Niedermayer, Sami Salo, and Samuel Pahlsson.

Just found out that Charlotte (charshark) got my Christmas card yesterday... sweet!


You Are Pumpkin Pie

You're the perfect combo of uniqueness and quality.
Those who like you are looking for something (someone!) special.



Your Ugg Look Is
Ugg Ultimate Tall (Chestnut)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home