Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Danel and spyware, posting at orgasm, word verification

I should put Chris' friend Danel's recommendations here for posterity:

"Have you checked for spyware? .-. That's normally what makes computers really slow.

XoftSpy

Ad-Aware

Spyware Doctor 3.2

Seriously, if you don't download all of those and actually use them, it's your own fault for your computer fucking up for good, and that's what you get :|

P.S. When you get the results back, remove / fix every single one of them! Actually, just tell me how it goes. My AIM is: Ilaissez Faire"

Just copy and paste it, it's easy. ^^
"

She's cool because she's a friend of Chris'. :D



I was just reminded of a time when someone thought I did nothing but type on the computer all day while going about my daily life.

This was in a thread where people were wondering who the most prolific poster to that message board was as of 9 August 2002, and someone named RedDevil posted:

"I wonder who has the highest posts-per-day? Flamsterette_X must be up there, surely.

(Flamsterette_X, you're lovely... but I have a vision of you lugging a PC around with you while you go about your daily activities. On the loo ... tap-tap-tap ... at the supermarket ... tap-tap-tap ... moment of orgasm ... TAP-TAP-TAP! ;) )
"

Then Sarah Moore (lel) quoted that and posted: "I found that a bit too funny! While it may seem that way, I don't think that's the case, except maybe for the on the loo part. :D *ducks and runs* "

My old friend Adam Frey (Res Ipsa Loquitor) alerted me to this, so I posted this in reply:

"lel, it turned out that Res was absolutely correct when he told me that you had posted something about my posting whilst on the loo. (well, maybe not entirely correct, since RedDevil had posted the original comment, but I'll let that go)

For everyone's information, I do not go around doing this.. maybe if I had enough money for a laptop or a Palm Pilot that had Internet surfing capabilities (if there was such a thing)? Then you'd better all watch out, because I'd be transformed into a truly manic poster! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

To repeat: I do not post whilst on the loo. And as for posting while in the throes of orgasm, I'd have to say that was near impossible for most people. (which definitely includes me) So there you go.
" *laughs at the memory*


Oh, and I turned on word verification (captchas, basically) at my blog. That should cut down on all the lovely spam. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home