Sunday, August 07, 2005

Being in the loop when Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

Over breakfast today, my mom told us that Ricky's mom still thought Phil and Megan were going out. That's embarrassing to mention since Megan's parents were right there at the minuscule adult table! At least I privately confirmed things when I heard about it a couple months ago! Being in the loop is a good thing, and something I strive for. *nod*

It was SO HOT today! In fact, it was too hot to even sleep properly when I got home: I finally got some sleep at like 5 AM, so I was functioning on way less than my normal amount of Saturday / Sunday sleep... bleh! As I was saying to Danielle, you KNOW it's hot when the indoors without air-con is cooler than outside! Shade all the way, dudes! (but a bunch of people STILL wanted to do the Grouse Grind this afternoon... go figure!) My mom decided to go to some Ladner farm market and Richmond Country Farms. All I could think of was going home to cool off / relax since it was so hot outside. I'm not normally super-sensitive to heat, but there IS a point where I've had enough of it! ;)

She also told me that she wanted me to go with the guys to Summit or wherever: "I want you to go places with them since I want you to go out with Jeremy. At least he's working now, and is a Christian... much better than Kumar or Palmer or whatever his name is! Of course it doesn't matter that he's Caucasian.. I know you liked Eric! You didn't take my advice last year about Chung Yan, and now he's taken! Go after Rich: he told me that he turned 29 this year! You'll be Leslie Ng Ng, but that's okay... you won't have to change your name! I told Jon that I want to set you up with Jeremy, but he didn't seem too interested even though he should look out for his sister. By the time I was 29, I already was a mother with you. You should be looking out for boys, and praying for a boyfriend! So what do you think about Jeremy? Do you like him?"

My reaction through all this UNSOLICITED MATCHMAKING was to tell her to SHUT UP a few times! Hey, I got away with it this morning over an entirely different matter.. but it wasn't over what she considers to be my defiant deletion of her emails about coupons in the paper! (it's not the END OF THE WORLD if I forget, and she shouldn't assume I won't do things for her... I was going to say something about that, but decided it was better not to)


Weird site combining George W. Bush / Saddam Hussein / Osama Bin Laden / McDonalds / other things. Yes, the link IS supposed to be all 1's. :D

Hey, the Frog and Firkin actually has a website that's not just a review of the pub! Sweet! A firkin is a small cask used for liquids, butter, or fish. The term was also used in Britain as a measure of beer. (usually 41 litres)

My nectarines and potatoes look like wizened old people... eww. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home