Sunday, November 21, 2004

Joking around, chocolate bars, kids

Talked to a bunch of my friends today.. Eric had to go early since his aunt and uncle were in town, but at least I spent time with him on the way over to church! We talked about his car (a white Sunfire) not being a USS Hornet, and how I was following my "night of drinking with 20 kegs of vodka." Considering I didn't drink that much, I was just fine! (and no, I don't have 20 kegs of ANYTHING here.. it's an old running joke from the days when I first moved in to this apartment!)

I told him about the birthday card my mom had sent my brother (two weeks early *thud* ), which featured a very messy room and the inscription: "Son, we wish we could get you something practical for your birthday. Too bad we can't get you a portable housekeeping service!" We agreed that it was a good thing she doesn't read Jon's blog: the details of how his room is a sea of clothing / books / papers / their personal effects, his sleeping in and missing class / marking sessions, and his walking home from concerts past 1 AM would NOT be what she wants to know! *laugh*

Vania wanted us to buy her cousin's fundraising chocolate bars.. they were different from the ones we're used to around this time of year. They're made by Canadians for Canadians, and even have a website. Nathan, Danielle, Dawn, and I bought one since they were only $2.

Emily, Chrystal, Dianne, and I talked about the freezing cold weather.. time to bring out the scarves, mittens, and toques for SURE! Nai Chiu asked me about Awana, and who was the naughtiest / cutest kid. The new kids are cute, and I couldn't really say who's the naughtiest.. the certain boys, perhaps. Samuel was also telling us about how when little Justin fractured his arm last week, he refused the bandages because he didn't want it to hurt. I hope he's taking care of it!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home