Friday, March 07, 2003

Some more of my pet peeves!

Reposted in LJ / GJ on March 10, 2006.

SOME WEIRD PET PEEVES OF MINE

1. Drawing on myself with a pen when I write stuff down! Crap.. I *hate* it when I do this because you'd think I was old enough now to NOT do this. But no, I still do.. it definitely doesn't make me look smooth and graceful, either!

2. Leaving my pens uncapped for longer than a very short time when I'm not using them. The ink will progressively dry out, dammit! why can't people understand that? Then again, I inadvertently do this myself, and HATE it when I do...

3. Rain on my grocery bags. Yes, I know.. it's just RAIN on plastic bags that'll DRY, but for some reason it reminds me of frozen fish and that kind of thing in my mother's shopping purchases from the Chinese markets and such. Not the greatest to have to encounter whilst helping her put groceries away... ick!

4. When people refer to me as a cripple! Don't know that this is such a weird one, but I certainly am NOT a cripple, let me assure you. The next jabronie that tries that trick will get a dagger-like stare that I wish could KILL! I *can* hear what you say, you know! It's too bad I can't do any fancy moves and leave them as gibbering puddles of goo on the ground, because that would be SO massively cool. ;)

5. My mother calling me when it's too late to call anyone else to block that voice outta my head! Like last Friday, she called me at 12:15 AM! Silly me, I didn't have the Call Block on since I figured no one would call me... WRONG! She has some pretty weak excuses for that too.. live and learn to use the Call Block, no matter what time it is when I get home from being out! :D

6. Leaving the Net on all night. Yes, I just did this AGAIN.. sure, it's inadvertent.. but can't I at least make sure I disconnect before going to bed, no matter how tired I am or what time it is? Ack.. if you're not physically at the computer to waste your Internet hours, what good is it? ;)

7. Typos!!! Yes, I know they happen to everyone, but I hate 'em regardless. Somehow, they don't present me at my best for some reason. That's why I'll edit things forevermore if they can be edited, to get rid of them!

8. Any kind of mark or fairly major crease on the lined paper I buy. I used to white out the marks, but not anymore for some reason. They bug me because them the paper isn't as perfect as it could be. I know not all sheets of paper are perfect, but they still bug me!

9. My dodgy-looking handwriting. Those of you who have seen my handwriting know what I'm talking about.. it's definitely not perfect, and looks messy / weird to boot. I just don't like it, so the computer medium works out great for me. But I still keep an offline journal in binders.. go figure.. :P

10. Bad spelling and grammar, especially from people who should know better and who have no excuses like ESL / dyslexia. No explanation needed for this one. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home