Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Birthday Thread Pitting?! / Emails with no subject line

Well, what do you know.. Mr. "But-I-Was-Only-Making-A-Joooooooooke...." Whiner has seen fit to start a Pit thread on me in response to my failing to appreciate his "humor." I heard about this a few hours ago from Patrick, and only had time to go check it out now. Other people who have IMed me in those few hours have said that the thread is turning into a "reverse pile-on" (in that he didn't get much support for his position), and that it isn't much of a Pit thread as those things go. (the worst have been extremely vitriolic with lots of swearing and expletives) Upon reading it (I'm sure as heck not going to POST in it), it seems that people are taking him to task for not apologizing to me and saying that I overreacted (when he's the one who did so).. and also for not recognizing that his idea of a joke fell very flat. (plus other things which I'm sure you can see in the thread if you choose to read it.. not much swearing in it if you don't like that kind of thing)

In other news, I got an apparent email from my dad (of all the people) with no subject line. Normally, I'd delete emails with no subject line.. but since my dad's name was listed as the sender, I didn't. Turned out to be my mother asking what was wrong with my phone because she tried to call me, but got a busy signal. I'm very glad to have this evidence that disabling Call Waiting for the duration of a phone call (or in this case, going on the Net on a dialup connection for a lengthy period of time) works.. MWAHAHAHAHA.. In the email, she said to call her. Nah.. if you already emailed, just put the info you were going to call me about IN the email! (and next time, title the thing.. that way, I don't have to call you just to tell you that, and be bothered by the call) Next time, I'll delete the email with no subject.. I don't trust those things at all anymore. Put a subject in your emails, people! (I've been known to put joke subject lines in my emails in the past when I couldn't think of one that reflected the true contents of the email, but even that's better than NO subject at all!)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home