Tuesday, February 14, 2012

#9 with Rita and the parents

When Mom called at 12:15, I told her that I couldn't go to the passport office because Phil hasn't given me his information yet. She still invited me to lunch with Dad and Rita, so I went with them to #9. We talked about travel, England, the Pantry, Jon / Harmony / Steph, Rita's turntable from London Drugs, Chinese food, Flora the waitress, the thrift shop, Germany, rent for a huge place, the lease, money, and the Russia cruise in July. Also talked about Rita's nephews living in Powell River, Italy, rock sugar, South America's heat, wonton soup, various noodles, Grandma, how Rita doesn't like garlic, chicken chow mein, Skype and technology, Danny's Wonton House, Ironwood, Lansdowne's past as a race track, and the numerous changes in Richmond in the past 40 years. When I got home with some leftovers, I had a surprise YM message from the usual suspect wishing me a happy Valentine's Day - maybe things will be okay after all. Thank goodness he wasn't online, though; it was great so I could leave apologies for my behavior last night, and I need a nap!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home