Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Date for dinner, bus impatience, Google results as a restaurant, and brain mush

Mom and Dad dropped me and Grandma off at Happy Date Bakery and Restaurant after they gave me $20 and Cracker Jacks, but Mom had to make sure Flora from #9 was working. She wasn't, but that was apparently fine. I saw an Asian couple changing their baby's diaper on a chair inside Happy Date restaurant. Yes, Chinese restaurant washrooms are REALLY dirty, but there are some things that you just DON'T DO! For dinner, we both had Horlicks and soup to drink (plus toast with butter), but I had Minute Steak with spaghetti and eggs while she had baked seafood with rice. Afterwards, she bought a mini-pack of walnut pastry for herself, and a mini-pack of butterfly pastry for me. She got really impatient on the bus once we were the only two people left on it with a good number of stops to go. Luckily, I didn't have to restrain her from using the bell pull! It's also a good thing I didn't have to prevent her from taking the 410 instead, as I kept her bus ticket till the 407 showed up!

Grandma, once I made her look at the Google Image Search results for spaghetti: "Aiya! What restaurant makes THAT much noodles?! You shouldn't have those for dinner anyway, but instead for lunch! Only RICE for dinner!" Guess it really isn't "whatever I haven't had in a while" as dinner for ME...


Mom: "Here, read this! You might suffer from mom-nesia!" *reads the newspaper headline* "... waking up too often to CARE FOR BABIES may turn brains to mush!" Does that describe my life?! I DON'T THINK SO!

Dad: "When does Teunis leave? Oh, he left yesterday... no wonder you're depressed!" .... o_O WTF. *cue both parents saying stuff about how he should save money since his job isn't guaranteed, and he isn't even past the probation period* Um, yeah...

Mom, asking for my opinion on her banquet dress: "How do you like my outfit? Is it tight enough for you?" .... er, help?

Grandma, on the weather: "It's good that it isn't snowing!" Me: "It's JULY, almost AUGUST! Of course it's not snowing!" Grandma: "I just meant that it's good there's no snow! In January or February, it snows." Um, okay?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home