Saturday, June 04, 2011

EPIC 3-2 WIN 11 SECONDS INTO OVERTIME - MALHOTRA AND BURROWS!

When Eric picked me up, he thought that I deliberately scheduled things on church days - hey, yesterday just seemed like a good day to go for poutine! As for tomorrow at Metrotown, it worked best for both me and Billie! Of course, he told me things in French like how I was really drunk and insane - I vented about the lame program that had been planned for yesterday, but nobody ever listens to me anyway. From what I heard, he presented it to us, and then implied that I would have had to be careful about my whereabouts. HA, I KNEW IT! The puck drop was at an odd time (5:22), so it gave us some time to get to Jeremy's while I vented about certain things. When I heard that Cindy was going to be there, my first thought was that Eric would delay everything just to talk more to her. I KNOW WHAT'S UP!

Jon and Harmony were preparing DOU MEW when we got there (pea shoots), and I contributed my bag of ketchup chips, which actually did get consumed! Connie was there, and told us all about her and Jenny's trip to France and Italy - Florence and Tuscany were pretty nice, she says. We had clam chowder and chili, plus two-day-old garlic dip for the multigrain chips. Christon came late, but Cindy got there even later - she says Eric invited her last night, so HA! I asked her when I'd see her next because I really want to get some stuff to Dianne BEFORE she leaves - if she'll be there next Friday, that'll be good. (later, we discovered a potential Game 5 conflict with BS) Talked about one-month baby banquets, the Netherlands / Belgium / London, Team 1040 fans from ALL over the world (Peru / Chile / Australia / Hong Kong / Africa / Bangladesh), the game, Zdeno Chara (#33 the GIANT), Winnie being at the game because of Kenny's work giving him tickets, the European salad thing / drought, the Green Men (explained that for Cindy - Boston got a penalty so she got to see them in action), KING HEFFY beer, MANNY MALHOTRA RETURNING, Milan Lucic's parents in the crowd, signing Jeremy's guestbook (yes - I DECORATED IT!), Christmas chocolate, and more.

THE CANUCKS WON 3-2 OVER THE BRUINS BECAUSE OF A GREAT GOAL BY ALEX BURROWS 11 SECONDS INTO OVERTIME! We discovered that Nathan's audio feed was 30 seconds delayed, so Eric decided not to spoil the game for him over Skype / webcam. He also had us watch an origami Canucks jersey video from Joe Wu that he found on Nate's Facebook. Jeremy was trying to find live webcam feeds from the Party on the Plaza, and it was definitely insane every time we scored, especially after the winning goal! Since Eric had logged into Facebook, I decided to do so myself after I logged out of Eric's account: he wondered what I was doing, hahaha. Just making my Facebook checking easier when I did get home, OF COURSE! The guys were discussing planking, so I decided to find the Oddee page on it just for Jeremy's amusement - he was VERY amused, hahaha! A bunch of them decided to go downtown, but Eric and I went home - we discussed Dave Wong, "mumbling," and some other stuff. Yeah, I bet Teunis won't be happy that the post-game show is going to go for a LONG TIME, but whatever! (and speak of the devil - he just messaged me over MSN to say "congrats and hi from Jordan!")

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home