Thursday, May 19, 2011

Grandma, Killarney Market, and mega specials on chocolate

As I expected, I got lost while trying to find the respite centre, and got off at Metrotown instead! At least there was a 49 UBC bus waiting for me to take to the location! When I visited Grandma, she called me "good" several times for doing so - she thought Alan's radio was too big; at least I adjusted the volume for her! She thought I should have come with Steph since she has a car, and also that Teunis is my boyfriend - nope! Then she thought we couldn't go anywhere because I had no car; after 45 minutes, I convinced her to go to the nearby Killarney market for some pumpkin pie, strawberries, and ice cream. She seemed amused upon seeing Barack Obama on TV with lots of people, hahaha. Then she bought herself some oranges and bought me some jalapeno chips which were on special for 79 cents only. (about half-price) Of COURSE I'd bring her back to the respite centre before leaving to run errands! I did some banking, bought underwear at Sears, and got on-sale toilet paper / mouthwash for Teunis / 400g pecan clusters for Jon and Harmony / on-sale mint individual floss (90) / on-sale Nestlé Noir chocolate (from $5.39 to 99 cents?!) at Shoppers Drug Mart, then got home and called Steph to let her know I'd visited Big G. Now I don't have to go anywhere till Sunday morning!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home