Monday, October 04, 2010

Julie, Yvonne, Sabrina, Thanksgiving, Kleenex, wintergreen, chairs, and Mother Teresa

I've made a decision: since I refuse to support Seraphim unless I absolutely have to (like the Bible cover), I'll just get Julie / Yvonne / Sabrina some regular Thanksgiving cards for their baptisms. I usually never get those because it's pointless to give those (and New Year's cards) to my friends, but I will make an exception. Those should be way easier to find in the regular stores, anyway! It turns out that Randal beat me to telling the news to a certain person - UGH! Teresa sent me a message this morning, since she thought I was up "so early" at 8:50 - hahaha, such is usually not the case! I just leave this on overnight, heh.

Went to London Drugs and bought 99ยข Thanksgiving cards which also seemed like they'd do for the occasion of baptism ("you're special" / "have a beautiful Thanksgiving" / "warm thoughts and friendly wishes"), on-sale six-packs of Kleenex (I'm actually surprised I remembered while I was in the store!), prune nectar (yes, I'm one of THOSE people now!), on-sale wintergreen and cinnamon fire Icebreaker sours, and green tea. Thank goodness that I do have religiously-themed stickers for card decoration purposes! Got emails from Randal and Kevin about this Friday - despite my feelings about the former, I think maybe what I do need is fellowship! (but with "anyone and everyone"?!) Scrapbooking is such a girly idea, yet HE came up with it because of what Christon said! Then again, this IS the man with a pink breast cancer ribbon Bible! Haha, hmm! Now I'll catch up on Wordscraper while I eat!



You Are an Armchair



You are a supporting and caring person. It's likely that you are an old friend to many.

You are inviting and welcoming. You don't mind if people tell you all about their problems.



You need to be needed, and you enjoy having other people depend on you. You find meaning in being the rock.

People can really let down their guard around you and say exactly how they feel. You know all of your friends extremely well.

Trivia fact for Monday, Oct. 4: What gift did Pope Paul VI give Mother Teresa at the conclusion of his 1964 visit with her in India? A white Lincoln Continental, which she auctioned off to raise money to establish a leper colony in West Bengal.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home