Saturday, October 02, 2010

Hockey pool draft at 7 AM, not confusing weddings, Eileen, and MENTAL FLOSS

Eric was waiting for me outside, so I explained my slight delay by saying that I had to take drugs before I left - perfectly legal ones, but drugs all the same! I like saying some things for shock value; that's something my brother and I share, haha. He thought I was talking about alcohol and caffeine, but I was talking about Robitussin; NO, I DID NOT DRINK THE ENTIRE BOTTLE OF COUGH SYRUP! That would be a waste of $10, anyway... crazy person! After a while, he asked me in French whether I had any mice around - I don't know, although I have heard mouselike noises! Then he started in on the "drunk" joke, expressed disbelief at my "CAPRICA in October" news, sang the DARKWING DUCK theme song while wondering if he'd be here tonight (HOW SHOULD I KNOW?!), bemoaned his sleep issues, told me about the hockey pool draft at 7 AM tomorrow, reminded me that drugs and alcohol don't mix when I said I might drink tomorrow, wondered whether I was confusing Calla and Stanford's wedding date by moving it up a week (nope!), and asked whether two weddings in two weeks was legal. Sure, I guess! We also discussed Mr. Creep taking a butter cookie from a tin which I'd wanted to share with a group (remove my temptation!), Raymond and the birthday cake he plans to bring on Sunday, negative obsession, and overthinking stuff. Craziness!

When we got to church, we met Ivan's parents in the elevator. After we got to our room, we discovered that nobody was there yet. Well, it WAS just 7:30! Jen arrived a while later (with Randal, of course) and FINALLY gave me back my copy of mental_floss presents: Condensed Knowledge: A Deliciously Irreverent Guide to Feeling Smart Again (Will Pearson, Mangesh Hattikudur, Elizabeth Hunt) after more than five and a half years! (she's had it since Mar. 18, 2005!) After a couple of minutes, I just put it on top of Eric's knapsack on the ground so I wouldn't forget it. She chose an inconvenient time to return it from the "no body bag" standpoint, haha... I'm glad she did, though! Eric was fiddling around with a laptop and such things, and figured that I was acting really nervous. I wasn't, but went out of the room anyway, sidestepping Randal on my way out. I said hi to Phil, Grace (who has Phil's ex Megan on her FB - as long as it's not awkward from years ago, although Megan would have baby advice since she just had Joshua?), and Yvonne; also met a girl named Eileen who knows my sister from a long-ago Winter Conference, and who also knows my brother. Cool, indeed! Ivan told me and Jon about his manic paper-writing when he'd had a basketball game at 10 PM... good thing his parents don't bug him about it!

When I saw Jeremy walking around in the hall, I tapped him on the shoulder; of course I wished him a happy birthday, and he thanked me! I realized I'd forgotten the guys' Guylian and cards, but there's always Sunday for that! Citrus said that he'd only had three hours of sleep: lots of overtime will do that to you! Jon's talk about SERVANTS was pretty good, and perceptions / relational components are certainly something to think about! Talked to Cindy, Wesley, and Vivian about my being sick, weddings, and our weeks in general; said hi to Harmony and met a Toronto friend of hers; told Jon that I was going to Jason and Karen's wedding tomorrow (at Ryerson, I think!), and he informed me that he's recording with his band tomorrow. Busy! Wesley said he wanted to resist temptation (and brought up the Alibi Room), while Christon said there were about fourteen or fifteen people going to Sunday's dinner. (and it's HIS friend who's named Enoch) People somehow just replied to HIM, even though he specified to Reply All.. ugh!

Eric and I finally got going a bit later, and I expressed relief that it was over. He thought I was being too anti-social, and said that he might have gone out with the wonton noodle crew tonight if he didn't have to wake up early tomorrow. HA HA HA... he's getting up earlier than I will, since my own alarm is set for 8 as usual. I see no reason to set it later if I'll just have to change it, which I might forget about in any event! We discussed avoiding people, the Canucks, medication, highlights, Daniel and Henrik Sedin, getting gas at a "good" price, obituaries, "the Cheat is not dead!", stupid drivers / pedestrians, doing sound and counting offering on Sunday, Jen apparently taking more than five years to floss her mind "if the time is right" (and it was!), Raymond / Randal / next week's small group outing which I might not go to (Eric says I should - HA!), the Cheat / Coach Z / Homestar Runner / whether there'd be a Halloween special, and more on the way home. When I got home, I put the wedding present in a bag by the door so I wouldn't forget - and put the guys' stuff in my Aldo bag for the same reason!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home