Saturday, October 02, 2010

Jason and Karen's wedding - lots of little kids, and Pastor Glen!

Lee picked me up at about 10:15, and I was certainly ready in the nice sunny weather! Said hi to the kids (Hannah and Gavin), who seemed to like looking for taxis. Yes, I've seen yellow / blue / black / orange / green / white ones! (but no pink or rainbow ones!) As an auntie who wasn't driving, I was enlisted to look for taxis or buses - haha, there ARE a lot in this city! When we got to the church, we had to find parking - and then Lee told Hannah to hold my hand when we crossed the street. Gotta watch out for cars and such! I didn't care about being at the back of the church - I saw Vernon and Sarah, Danny and Helen K. with Nicholas, Kelvin and Evelyn with their third baby, Warren and Lauren with the kids Brandon and Matthew, Pastor John and Karmie, Michael and Amanda with their daughters Seren and Megan (who are growing up fast!), Stella with her kids Benjamin and Noah, Jeff and Anita with Allison and Joanna, Frances and Mel with their sons Micah and Isaac, Kenny and Winnie with their kids Megan / Connor / Cameron, Wes and Esther with little Harleigh, and more people I hadn't seen in a while like Josh. I simply HAD to hug him hello! I also saw Jessica Lai, who says she isn't going to the banquet tonight because her sister Elaine is getting married tomorrow at Queen Elizabeth Park. So many weddings...

Jason and Karen got Pastor Glen to officiate, so that was a nice "retro" touch, haha. They handed out little favor bags at the beginning, and kids got a different one than adults (who had Hershey's Kisses)... I think even the little boys got something different than the little girls! Probably a good idea to keep kids entertained during the ceremony, haha! The kids got mini basketballs, candy, little notepads with either a princess or sports balls on them, stickers, crayons, a mini wand with bubble solution, Ernie / Elmo pictures to color, and more! As for the ceremony and pictures, it all went by pretty quickly! The wedding was small compared to extravaganzas like Jon and Harmony's, haha. I picked up a few pennies, too!

Afterwards, everyone went outside to take pictures and such. Of course, the children were more interested in blowing bubbles (or eating) than taking pictures with their parents and their friends! I took a picture with Hannah and Gavin, heh. Connor told me that he could see the moon in the sky - I just saw the sun and a lone white cloud! Later, he wanted me to hold his raisins, so I took them from him gently while he played... yes, of course I returned them later! I talked to Lauren briefly about Facebook - she only got an account so she could see Karen's engagement pictures, so I told her to ask me if she needed help using it, haha. On the way home, Lee and I discussed how quickly the time had flown by - as long as they call me when they get here at 4:50 or so for Kirin, it'll be fine!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home