Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Skeletal Jesuit yarners with wings / Red bean mooncake / Enoch / Hay and straw

High-scoring words of the night:

YARNER (109 points) - against Jeanette E. [5W, 2W, hook off STAG to make YA / AG] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
SKELETAL (140 points; 5W; a good deficit-erasing word!), TWAE (180 points; 4W, 5W) - against Katie S.
WINGS (120 points) - against Millie F. [3W, 4W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
JESUIT (108 points) - against Sue W. [two 2W, hook off ERG for a plural] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
MONDO (170 points) - against Janice K. [5W, 2W, 3L on M]
DOYENNES (179 points) - against Linda R. [4W, 2W, hook off XIPHOID for a plural]
QI (125 points) - against Stacey G. [5L on Q used twice, hook off FIT to make QI / IT]
FAULTS (108 points) - against Tami M. [3W, two 2W, hook off NOBLE for a plural]
AEOLIAN (105 points) - against Jenny H. [5W, 3W]


To hell with saving time - I want my alignment back again! My brother apparently knows someone named Enoch, who will be bringing sticky rice to Sunday's dinner. Reminds me, I have to think of something to bring too. Hopefully these new people will be better than the LAST one! Turns out my mom gave me RED BEAN mooncake, which is the most awesome thing EVER! It ALMOST makes me want to call her to see where she got the stuff, but not quite! I'm not THAT crazy! ;)


Trivia fact for Wednesday, Sept. 29: What's the difference between hay and straw? Hay is cut and dried grass, clover, alfalfa, oats, and other grasses and legumes used as feed for farm animals. Straw is the hollow stalks of wheat and other grains left over after harvesting and used for livestock bedding and mulch, as well as for weaving hats and baskets.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home