Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Skipping the initial fees - what a lucky devotee, Xenia!

High-scoring words of the afternoon:

SKIP (120 points) - against George M. [5W, 3L on K]
LUCKIE (172 points) - against Joan K. [5W, 4L on K, hook off GAP to make LA / UP]
LANEWAY (126 points) - against Diana L. [two 3W]
DEVOTEE (490 points) - against Janet M. [two 5W, 2L on V]
INITIAL (120 points) - against Irene O. [3W, 5W]
FEES (192 points) - against Cathy T. [2W, 4W, 3W] {a good deficit-erasing word!}
XENIA (125 points; 5W, 2L on X), ABDOMINA (108 points; two 2W) - against Lynn K.


Paid my phone bill today, so at least that's done. Lily called to confirm for Saturday: I forgot that Jason and Karen's wedding is coming up so fast! Ten o'clock with Lee sounds fine, and I can certainly hang around after the ceremony / banquet or go early for the banquet if that's what I gotta do! Thank goodness I still have some wedding presents from last year!

I have to go out anyway to get some wedding cards, plus whatever I'll bring to the Sunday Dinner. This fire alarm is driving me nuts! (I did go out, to find it was a false alarm - it did slightly smell like smoke outside, and now it smells like hot and sour soup in the hallway!) Hopefully, it will be over by the time I get back!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home