Sunday, October 10, 2010

Baptisms, dinner rides, failing at opening a Lego box, FOKKERS, and more!

As it turned out, I got to the parking lot just in time for Eric to pull up. We discussed mints covering a certain smell, weddings, alcohol, my being "drunk," gum, Ivan, tonight's volunteer appreciation dinner, his own family Thanksgiving dinner, and more. When we got to the church, he told me out of nowhere to calm down because there was no harm in arriving early, especially since certain people would not be around! I AM CALM! Went into the sanctuary to find the Chinese people (Edmond, Chris, Danny, Benedict, Martin, tons of others whom I didn't know) still taking pictures; this meant that I could give Sabrina her baptism card, for which she thanked me! Said hi to Martin before he left, as well. I ignored Randal except for making the observation in my head that he was rather overdressed, even for a baptism service! (Later, I found out that he was the Scripture reader - WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get someone with a better voice to do it!) Margaret complained that Nina had been poking her a lot, especially yesterday... kids!

When Nathan came to sit down in our usual row, I figured his brother was here as well. I turned around to find him two rows back, so asked if he were going to tonight's dinner; his parents are going, but they'd probably stay out in Vancouver! However, he can give me a ride home... that was one half of the problem sorted! I figured that I might have to stay out as well, but then remembered that Pastor John would probably go. Talked to Nathan about a computer game called CELL DEFENSE where you shoot bacteria, and your grades for the levels decrease as the challenge increases... sounds about right! Jeremy sat down beside me; after discussing truth / auto-pilot / couches, we found out that Christon had had food poisoning last night! Christon asked Jeremy whether he'd had any sickness at 2 AM from lunch or dinner; after he said no, I also added my negative answer to provide a different opinion. Then Jeremy and I were figuring that it could be the fruit... I dunno! We later laughed about the Winter Conference speakers' names: Philemon, Pine, and Mega?! HAHAHAHA! True, the first one is Biblical, but you don't hear that much these days!

Julie, Yvonne, and the new Awana leader named Grace got baptized - so THAT'S her name! As I was telling Chrystal later, I was going to ask her what her name was - guess I don't have to have an awkward conversation NOW, haha! It was interesting to hear their stories, but I was cynical anyway. Jon was stretching out the announcements with jokes about how he should be the mascot for "Jumping Jungles" at Kids Night; Auntie Catherine bailed him out with a prayer meeting heads-up, haha! After service, I gave Julie and Yvonne their cards (they thanked me) while fighting the many people who were in my way. On my way to the fellowship hall, I asked Sam's brother Jeremy whether his family was going to the dinner; he'd have to be there early since his dad has to help cook, and they might stay out in Vancouver too! Eric asked whether I still remembered about the meeting - yup! Said hi to Harmony (who didn't get to sleep till 2 AM), and asked Jon whether he were going to tonight's dinner - he has to watch a movie first, so will be busing there.

While trying to figure out what to do, I talked to Andrea / Hannah (ants on a log sounded and looked gross) / Chrystal (Friday afternoon at London Drugs it is - she prefers the afternoon, which is fine) / Wesley / Jeremy. Might as well change shoes if they're hurting your feet, that's for sure! Tim asked if I wanted to buy a ticket for the AGM lunch in a couple of weeks, but I said I didn't know yet; I asked Eric whether he were buying one, and received a positive answer, so tracked down Tim to actually get one before they ran out. Thank goodness he had change, haha! I also tracked down Pastor John to see if his family was going to the dinner: since three of them are, I can get a ride with them. If they have to be there an hour early, I'll just hang out with whoever is also there, haha. Better than staying out all day without blogging!

When I saw Acer and his parents, I was VERY surprised - I figured they wouldn't be there today what with the wedding yesterday and all! Eventually, I went upstairs to toddler Sunday School (saying hi to Vania on the way up), where Rachel's grandma was holding a crying Ashley. Shira showed me a bunch of colored toy rings, I said hi to Ada (who told me about her friends Kyle and Brandon) / David / Evelyn while explaining my absence last week to Jessie (NOT IN THE MOOD AFTER THAT ANNOUNCEMENT!), Ramen said that a little black toy was his hat (tiny thing!), and Mattias wanted the slide. Luckily, he got distracted by other toys! Shira wanted me to open the Lego box - I failed miserably at it, while she just took the lid off! :(

While I was playing Lego with the kids who weren't drawing, Eric came upstairs to say that he was leaving now. I quickly made excuses to Auntie Ying before following him downstairs and out. We discussed Randal, baptisms, Christon's food poisoning, his own bout with it in Victoria (not getting out of bed for two days?!), not being clear, Bible Study, my "becoming a hermit / anti-social," needing sunglasses, keeping my sanity, helping to prepare dinner, Ivan, DARKWING DUCK, steamy windows, snacks, Jen and Sunday School, Kevin's and his discussion on support, emails / snacks / AGM lunch volunteer lists, Tim not being someone from MEET THE FOKKERS, and more. Good thing I have some downtime to check stuff before 4:30 or so!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home