Saturday, October 09, 2010

Awkward scrapbooking times at Randal's...

Eric picked me up at around 5:30, and we spent the ride discussing scissors / hair / reading about mass murder / "fusillade" NOT being a made-up or mispronounced word / my being "drunk" as an established "fact" / Randal / slow revenge / cackling / his eating only nine pieces of sushi / Raymond ruining purple for me / red / green / Hyundais / apathy / his Australian character Stanley knowing everything / money / meetings after church not necessarily costing money / Vania attempting to call because she was stuck on the highway. Yes, I did have to cut a knot out of my hair, otherwise it would have been bugging me all evening... as if the scrapbooking session wasn't awkward enough! When we got to church, we saw Christon / Joyce / Cordia waiting... Citrus was there briefly. I settled down to read; unlike last time, I made sure I brought a book! (plus my stickers if needed later)

After the practice, we talked about the baptisms / Alan and Tracy / Randal's place / Randal being a leader who just doesn't have follow-through (Christon claims he doesn't mind if his scrapbook idea was stolen) / dinner. Eric and I stopped by Subway, where he insisted that I have a six-inch sandwich... he also said that I had to come in to yell at the Subway guy. Hahaha, no... parking was hard enough for him, so I didn't want to ruin it by getting out of the car! Don't ask me how I think those two are related... when Eric came back, he said he was performing an act of self-sacrificing love by also getting a dozen cookies for the entire group! He also said that I probably WOULD have yelled at the Subway guy tonight because the guy was doing everything WRONG! "It was like it's his first night on the job - he almost put the wrong sauce on my spicy Italian! Oh, and I got you a toasted sub with onions! Haha!"

On the way to Randal's, Eric and I talked about DARKWING; writing on Facebook walls; closure conversations; drama; my stuff needing to be in his trunk; Dilys / Lesley / Jon's orchestra friend starting with a T all living around Kingsway and Joyce, or Randal's building; awkward times ahead; tomorrow's wedding. Once we were actually there, I pretty much refused to say anything. Randal brought me and Eric some water in Bailey's mugs! Cindy showed up with a TON of supplies like letter stickers, a hot glue gun, various kinds of paper, smelly felts, scissors, other stickers which her teacher friends gave her, and lots more. I was relieved that Randal at least didn't ask us to reimburse him for the Homesense scrapbook's cost! (though Cindy practically gushed about how PERFECT the brown paper and subdued pattern on the cover were...)

We set to working on our pages - I had no creativity whatsoever, so I just expressed myself with the stickers and felts while everyone else cut things out / made things like a fake hockey ticket to a Game 7 Detroit-Vancouver game, various Vancouver landmarks, the Aerosmith (or Red Wings) logo, an Inukshuk, a "horse," and more. (some people even had photos - Eric did, on his camera!) I'm surprised I found enough letter stickers for "Hi Pastor John! / Karmie! / Josiah! / Hannah! / Noah! We will miss you - Leslie Ng. && blessings from Vancouver - VCEFC, BC - goodbye! Thanks for everything!" Cindy thought that it showed my happy style - HAHAHAHA, little does she know that I was only keeping myself busy! This means I'll have to replenish my own supply of stickers, since I totally envy Cindy's collection! Once I saw that Randal was using my stickers, I decided to use his Spiderman and Batman ones; I think it was overkill, since he only used 16, and I must have used 40! Oh well.

We talked about Dianne being in Port Hardy and returning tomorrow, Randal sleeping in the open, bachelor suites, loud lobby people, seals / sea lions / Portland / Newport, her time spent dragon boating, the intense rain there, it raining outside (not good for Calla and Stanford's wedding - at least Jason and Karen had nicer weather!), Chung telling Dylan about the news on Sunday (ironic "Vision Night" indeed!), keeping up with things via Facebook, Cindy's niece Denise, Jeff refusing to let people put pictures of his daughter Allison up there (in his profession, you do need to be careful!), "Where's Waldo?", our weeks, emotional drains, workshops, public speaking, and more. Cindy apologized for talking a lot, but it was fine - glad to hear HER instead of someone else! Kevin mentioned that his Hotmail inbox had been inundated with emails from Wai-Mui, Uncle Hansel, and Uncle Peter; Vicky and I recommended Gmail since it collapses everything into one "conversation," pretty much! At one point, Vicky asked me if I'd finished those wedding leftovers - yup, just today! Eric joked that I could restock at tomorrow's wedding; hahaha, that's the plan!

When we finally got out of there after 11, everyone else thanked Randal for hosting. It's true that we'd have been kicked out of the church about an hour before that! On the way home, I jokingly complained that all this was cutting into my downtime; we also discussed rides to the wedding tomorrow at 12:15-ish (NOT WITH CERTAIN PEOPLE!!! STOP THAT!!!!), Powerpoint, not worrying about the sandwich, ginger, morbidity, responsibility, poop, my winning the STICKER DOMINANCE WAR, fear, phone phobia, threads, #4 / Alderbridge, and more. Thank goodness HE still rocks, unlike certain people I choose not to name!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home