Saturday, October 09, 2010

Calla and Stanford's wedding - STANFORD, STANTON, and STANFIELD?!

When Eric picked me up, he commented on my sneakers; hey, it's not MY fault that my other shoes decided to go kablooey on me, is it?! We discussed his mother calling, "Randal's slow-acting poison in the water," the Joker, iconic theme songs, how to get to the church, not wanting to go home in between, Powerpoint, waking up decidedly after 9, Google Maps and Translink giving you EAST avenues when you type WEST, and more. When we got to the church, he asked if we should leave the umbrella in the car; sure, since we parked right outside! Saw Martin, Kevin, Yvonne, Dave, Vivian, Chrystal, Tim, Maxine, Joshua, Keenan, Randal and Jen (who of course came together), Shally and Jose, David and his sons Ian and Gabriel (Nintendo DS and toys kept them busy), Emily C., Mike T., Raymond (I had to sit directly behind him), Andrea (!!!), Christon, Wesley, and Jeremy; yes, we all sat on Stanford's side because he needs more friends!

Discussed the name theme going on with Stanford and his brothers (STANFORD / STANTON / STANFIELD?!), NAME FAIL (Pamela should never be spelled as PEMILA!), WARIO games, NBA JAM and being ON FIRE, last night's scrapbooking (Christon didn't leave Alan's till after midnight; the rest stayed till 12:30), short weddings (Jeremy's cousin got married on a golf course - the ceremony was only 15 minutes!), seeing my parents / Cindy / Dianne on the other side (I saw Uncle Reuben and Auntie Christine too), Andrea's life in Hamilton (Chuck's at work - hard to get to know people - must be within 25 minutes of the hospital), Christon wanting to get home before midnight to cut a birthday cake for his mom PRIOR TO doing Powerpoint / prayers, and more. Jeremy noticed an organ upstairs, and it was playing what I thought was whimsical music, but then I recognized the MARIA song from SOUND OF MUSIC. (someone expected clouds and mushrooms!) We laughed when the shy flower girl went down the aisle with her mother (better than CRYING all the way down the aisle!), and again when Stanford had to ask for a prompt from the pastor in the middle of the vows! One of the ushers was also named RUDOLPH... OH MAN!

When the pastor recommended that Stanford kiss Calla, we weren't expecting a blown kiss... then he gave us some entertainment by dipping her instead! That must have taken some rehearsal, haha! We discussed whether Johnny would show up in almost ALL the photos, Jon needing to teach in the afternoon (so he'll transit to the downtown banquet), whether our group would fit on stage, coffee at Jeremy's later (Eric and I just went home since he couldn't think of anything else to do), Christon not wanting to go home because he'd be too distracted, whether we knew more than a handful of hymns in the Baptist hymnal (Jeremy was having fun with that!), HE TOUCHED ME being a bad song title, and more. I said hi to Billy, Mel, his baby Isaac, Karen I., little Mattias (his newest word is "flowers" or "fa" in Chinese), Harmony, and more people when we came up for the photo. Jon also commented on my sneakers and the occasion - WHATEVER!

Later, I saw Auntie Anna and Uncle Stanley (who are NOT married to each other!), so of course said hi. Eric and I discussed it being the "perfect" (rainy!) weather to walk home, Powerpoint taking priority over STARCRAFT, possibly calling Ivan this afternoon for tomorrow night since Eric's not going (I do NOT have phone phobia - can't do it if I don't have the number!), my thanking him, being hungry, eating at 11 AM, dropping me off at the mall so I could BUY new shoes (NO HEELS!), and more. Pretty interesting times, though of course it doesn't compare to last week!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home