Sunday, September 26, 2010

Outbaking with hazel, Swedish Berries, broken scissors, and the knees

High-scoring words of the night:

OUTBAKE (256 points; two 4W), HAZEL (320 points; two 4W) - against Stacey G.
HOARD (150 points) - against Kim A.-S. [3W, 5W]
JABS (144 points) - against Shelley R.-B. [2W, 5L on J, 5L on B]


Went out in the INTENSE RAIN (note the weather change!), and just missed the bus. Got to London Drugs, where I saw boxes of Maynards candy for sale, so got a Swedish Berry box since it was what Ian originally wanted. I'll get him to share it with his brother, though! Additionally purchased one container of on-sale pralines and cream Häagen-Dazs (there seems to be a lot of caramel - maybe not what I expected after hearing Candy go on about Folger's praline creamer for her coffee), five packages of spicy chicken instant noodles, and an on-sale calculator for my blue Aldo bag.

As soon as I got home and tried to use my kitchen scissors, they broke! I guess ten years and two months is a good shelf life for them... Andrea bought them from Safeway for me in the first place, so that's a memory. Guess I'll get new ones next week! I don't think there was a BORING_PEOPLE chat going on, either. (tried inviting myself to the usual AIM room, and NOTHING!) Mikaela linked me to a Meebo room in a BORING_PEOPLE post, but I couldn't stay there long since I had to restart Safari again!


Trivia fact for Sunday, Sept. 26: What is the largest joint in the human body? The knee.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home