Friday, September 24, 2010

You're overstating my help, flu boy! / Queen and Weird Al / Casablanca

I finished THE EXILE, which had great illustrations! Was it worth the price I paid for it? Maybe not, but gift cards are a wonderful invention! Dylan emailed us to say that with my help, he'd emailed a bunch of people to see if they could be our panel for an upcoming program, and they'd agreed. With my help?! Really?! While I like being acknowledged for what I manage to do for the group (which might not be much these days), I only sent him ONE reminder email! Hahaha! I hope he's better from the flu, though - THAT apparently sidelined him for three days in bed!

Teunis and I discussed accidentally putting the Mac computer to sleep (SO ANNOYING TO LOSE DATA!), the Portland Pirate Festival in Oregon, code inspiration, music, jalapeno cheese (he loves cheese), MIRROR MIRROR (Gregory Maguire), reading / characters, Jean M. Auel (CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR), the OUTLANDER series in general, the homebrew, baths, and more. We talked about and watched some Queen / Weird Al / Arrogant Worms videos: GUMP, UHF, JURASSIC PARK, ME LIKE HOCKEY, CARROT JUICE IS MURDER, JESUS' BROTHER BOB, INNUENDO, RADIO GA-GA (and METROPOLIS the movie), MONEY FOR NOTHING / BEVERLY HILLBILLIES, WAR OF 1812 (and the real historical background), RIPPY THE GATOR, and more.


Trivia fact for Friday, Sept. 24: What was Casablanca, Morocco, called when the Portuguese built the city in 1515? Casa Branca, Portuguese for "white house." After the Portuguese abandoned the city following an earthquake in 1755, the city was rebuilt. The Spaniards who settled there renamed it Casablanca, which means "white house" in Spanish.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home