Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm being really somber, so NO SMILE FOR YOU!

When Eric got here to pick me up, I noticed that I was so somber that I couldn't really muster up a smile for him; that's not usually a problem! We talked about Teunis leaving half an hour before (good timing!), videos, the volunteer appreciation dinner, my feelings about Randal, disapproval, Jen, the Sunday Dinner, Billie as "my wife," Raymond, Mr. Creep, preparation for EVERY eventuality, my "not feeling well," Christon, questions about whether I'd been drinking, voices, my overthinking things, my inadvertent month's break from toddler Sunday School, cars, trouble, smoking, driving home on Saturday, smelling smoke, problems not resolving themselves sufficiently by Sunday morning, my mood, NOT screwing with me, opening up cans of whoop-ass on people, and more. We saw Mark, Mary, Sarah, Isaac, and a couple of others in the elevator on the way up. During Bible Study, I was like WTF a few times: "Why is he saying 'let's read the whole chapter of 42?!' and bringing up people of importance?! They're not talking about YOU in that Isaiah passage!" We found it funny when Cindy told us what her dad had said when he'd fallen this week: "Cindy, I'm getting old - I can't fall anymore!" Apparently, he's hit poles and been in any number of accidents with nary a scratch... LUCKY GUY!

I kept myself busy by writing tag prompts and a huge gender list in my journal... Vicky, Cindy, Eric, Dylan, Deb, Teresa, and Randal were there. Sometimes I actually DID pay attention, such as when Teresa would contribute something wildly off-topic. (she confused Vicky for Carmen - another girl with glasses!) But I respectfully listened to her; other people brought up tangents about cancer, parents getting old, the Philippines, and more. When Cindy mentioned me in her closing prayer at the end ("we thank You [God / Jesus Christ / Lord] for Leslie, who just celebrated another birthday"), I rather ineffectually raised my eyebrows at her bowed head! (I had my eyes open, so as to avoid accidentally praying for something which was NONE OF MY BUSINESS!) I was feeling rather anti-social by the end of the LONG study (more than two hours?!), and my mood wasn't improved by Eric saying that we could take the "dinner at Randal's" week by week! Of course, Eric HAD to ask Joey about an email, and then ask Pastor John about the clothing drive drop-off in the parkade! Cindy also chased after us to give me a rather cute and colorful birthday card from her and Dianne, which was nice of her.

On the way home, he tried convincing me that Randal might have moved on from the events of June to December 2007 - maybe, but I won't really know till I ask him, and I'm not sure if I want to know! He thinks I might need to clean my mind of negative thoughts - possibly, but I wasn't feeling like talking to Randal about that issue tonight! Maybe Sunday, haha. We also talked about #4 / Alderbridge ("Morrill Transportation does not care about the ambience or the available light!"), no early obligations on Sunday, my ranting, the brunch at De Dutch Pannekoek House kinda being for my birthday (so I'll note it as such in my relevant entries), gas prices, showers, schedules, Billie, Patrick's green Halloween costume, arrogant people at gas stations who park weirdly so EVERYONE ELSE has to do the same thing, tailgaters, the Michigan Noodle Shop (not Korey OR Teunis!), the opposite sex not making sense, games, shortening, DARKWING DUCK, and more. He brought up the "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear / Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair / Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?" poem, haha. At home, I promptly took a shower!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home