Saturday, July 24, 2010

Yes, "Sleeping Beauty" finally DID get up... no Alibi Room coupons for YOU!

When I got to our meeting place, I saw that there was filming going on; luckily, Eric let me in when he was in the middle of the road, haha. He asked whether "Sleeping Beauty" was up yet - yes, and he'd gone already! Not as in "gone" gone, just for the evening to play DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS in Surrey! Then I immediately went into a mock "YOU PEOPLE ARE DISGUSTING BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME TO SEE INCEPTION!" type of thing. Eric said I could have ASKED, but I was under the impression that it was a GUY thing since he / Nathan / Christon were up for it. Turns out Steph and her co-worker joined them, too - I KNEW IT! I AM CHOPPED LIVER! After letting me go on like that for a bit, Eric then sang the DARKWING DUCK theme song... after two seconds of THAT, I told him that I didn't want to hear it. He continued, so I then asked him whether he'd heard what I said fifteen seconds ago: "Yes, but what if *I* want to hear it?!" "Then you can hear it INSIDE YOUR HEAD!" "But then I'll only be imagining it!" "You're incorrigible, so stop being like me!" We also discussed the violence in THE WATCHMEN, haha.

At Subway, I asked whether he had cash - he did, and after I expressed a hope that the workers wouldn't be incompetent this time, we went in to order our usual. Luckily, getting our subs took a reasonable amount of time - Eric still thought that I was mildly annoyed when they didn't magically know the correct answer to the question of whether I wanted mine toasted or not, but that wasn't true. In the parkade, he handed me a printout from Google Maps, and told me to guess whose house it was - given that it was a Richmond address, I guessed Geoffrey. He thought I never liked him at first - I don't know if I'd say THAT! At church, the first thing I did was fill up my water bottle. When I'd finished, I saw Eric waving at me from the elevator - apparently, he'd forgotten his guitar in the trunk of the car. Fair enough! (I also saw Ivan)

I said hi to Phil as I was setting up my dinner by Eric's on the table, and then was concerned because Eric got out of the elevator with Mr. Creep in tow! Seeing Billy, Danny, Colin, Cynthia, Katherine, Benedict, and others from the Chinese Fellowship did nothing to ease my feelings, haha! Of course, I wished Emily T. a happy birthday in person when I saw her - "thank you x 2" was a good response, haha! As we were eating, I told him about the hot spicy sandwiches which could squirt liquid if you bit them - of course, that sounded like a double entendre of some sort! (then he said something about pregnancy) Mr. Creep passed by, and then Eric wondered to me why I didn't greet him! I was in mid-sentence about the sausages and such, and I wouldn't have done so ANYWAY! Eric thought I'd finished my thought (maybe), but I still wouldn't have said hi! Same with Raymond, who passed us a while later! (we did say hi to Pastor John, though) I beat Raymond to the chapel, in fact! But of course I did say hi to Darren as he passed by!

Talked to Pastor John about his family vacation, Summerland, Josiah not being an outdoors person (so Timothy camp was only okay), my parents' break-in, summer plans, and more. Cindy gave me two boxes of religious birthday cards, saying that she and Chrystal used to buy those. At least SHE appreciates my gift for birthdays, and I did thank her for it! Her sister Dianne knew I am a Committee member, and asked me a question about shuffling Bible Study groups, which I referred to Pastor John. I asked Christon which email list HE was using - obviously, one without ME on it! Then I clarified that I'd pressed "redial" (and thus called him) by accident earlier in the week! He'd seen my number, and thought maybe it was important - that's a natural reaction!

Uncle Stephen did a good job outlining various things for us, and I had to tune out Mr. Creep's voice in the sharing period afterwards. Thank goodness I chose to sit in the OTHER section of chairs! Cindy told us about the grad banquet, and said that there'd be a handful of Daniel (people from that Fellowship) graduating - Mr. Creep heard that, and wondered if we'd like a handful of him. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! THAT IS NOT WHAT SHE MEANT! Distracted myself by bugging Dianne about her fruitless quest for Alibi Room coupons in the GEORGIA STRAIGHT - her expression when she saw the racy ads in the back of the paper was PRICELESS! Christon did say that Jon warned her about that, haha!

I noticed that Mr. Creep moved his feet when I had to pass near him to tell Eric something without talking over everyone on our side of the room - I'm not sure how to feel about that, frankly! Cindy and Dianne told us about this epic two-month trip that their parents are taking to Taiwan / Hong Kong / China / Australia - apparently, their dad found some of his family since they've been looking for him. Neat stuff! The girls are lucky - I wish MY parents would go away for that long! Discussed Wesley being out of town in Toronto for two weekends (wedding?), SERVANTS, Harmony being tired / unpacking, various Chinese villages, dialects in Chinatown, the Alibi Room, busing there, the Spain fireworks tomorrow, Sheena watering the church flowers, the USA fireworks on Wednesday, and more.

Poor Christon COULD have been home at 11:15 from those fireworks since he got to the Skytrain early, but his mom called to tell him to pick up his brother! Clement and his friends got to the station later, and had to wait 15 minutes for a train - so Christon had to wait till midnight! I asked whether he'd talked to his brother after that: "Yeah... I said not to phone home or me if you want to be picked up!" Hahaha, good strategy! Talked to Dianne about working with Winnie, being out of it because we don't read the news TOO often, free McDonalds vanilla milkshakes gained by doubling or tripling coupons, and more.

I asked Eric if he were ready to go, after about half an hour of discussion. (I even went off to use the handicapped washroom for the first time ever!) As we left, Jon requested a ride home - well, we were leaving RIGHT THEN! While we were waiting for Jon, Eric wondered if Dave had said anything to me lately - not that I know of! After we dropped Jon off, I wondered whether he was going to the fireworks tomorrow - he's definitelY NOT going to the Alibi Room (has brunch with an out-of-town cousin), and said that I didn't have to schedule my plans around his. I know, but it makes things a bit easier! Eventually, he figured that he'd be home after 1, so I think I'll call him at 4 or something in case I myself do decide to go to the Alibi Room.

Eric assumed that Teunis was still "dungeoning and dragoning it" at 10:30 or so - that would be correct, and at least he has the spare keys! Then he expressed mock astonishment that I'd given him the spare keys - hey, better him than someone else in particular! He did a Joker impression, brought up the scenes where you throw a toilet at people in HALF-LIFE 2, said I was crazy (THAT earned a death threat!), asked if Teunis was going to be around tomorrow (he DID mention something about the Night Market...), wondered why the polar bears at the Canada Line station were orange (I'm not bothered enough to research THAT out for you!), brought up ETERNAL DARKNESS, and wondered when he'd be able to convince a woman that he was fine the way he is. Believe me, I would like to convince a man of that myself, applied to MYSELF! I bugged him about egg liqueur, and he said that I was already drunk enough when SOBER! Hahaha, WHATEVER! When I got home, I actually had the rest of the Pepsi!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home