Tuesday, July 13, 2010

There's too much choice in candy at London Drugs, man...

I think it's a good thing that I was sitting down at the bus stop, otherwise I could have been injured by that drunk Asian driver who somehow missed the road entirely and drove up onto the sidewalk nearby! I was minding my own business while waiting for the bus, and suddenly heard this awful noise to my left. Lo and behold, some guy had managed to block some traffic by driving on top of the sidewalk nearby. Man, he must have been drunk or something! A man passing by also had the same opinion, after the guy had FINALLY managed to get himself off the sidewalk. All I could think of was: "What if I miss my bus because you're blocking the traffic, and it goes right by you in the other lane?! IDIOT!"

Chrystal and I happened to get to the Canada Line station at the same time, where we discussed what to eat: Boston Pizza? Chinese food? Finally, we settled on White Spot, where she insisted on treating me to a Santorini chicken salad and half a Chocolate Passion Cake. We talked about Hannah's wedding, Nathan, Bad Movies, Billie / Teunis, friends, Emily and Mike, her wanting to be close to her mom and sister (but they push her away!), sharing stuff, life updates, cruises, Europe / Hong Kong, Calla and Stanford, summer plans, desserts, her sweet tooth, Facebook, photos, renting movies for $2 from Safeway, people-watching, Ambleside, Minoru Park, and more.

We decided to walk around Shoppers and London Drugs, where we'd bought our sunglasses last time! Looked at the chocolate, candy tubs, popcorn, interesting flavors of stuff, toffee, candy deals, funny birthday cards, scents of skincare stuff, and more. The birthday cards for kids nowadays are really neat! Some grown-up cards could be offensive if you don't know your target, heh. It was definitely a good hangout time, for sure! Got home and discussed silly games, popcorn, pasta sauce without tomatoes, banking, and other things with Teunis. Also called my sister, who's agreed to get Dad's birthday card, and she'll bring it on Sunday for us to sign. Hopefully, Jon and Harmony will be there, if they're not too drained from moving the day before! Speaking of cards, I should write one for Nathan - maybe I'll get Teunis to sign it also! Now I'm off to take a shower!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home