Friday, May 07, 2010

So... you WANT me to keep you company?! Okay! (babies peeing during ultrasound)

Eric picked me up after 7, and bugged me about stuff as per the usual. I asked if he could give me and Grandma a ride from the townhouse next Sunday, and he turned that into jokingly exploiting a 90-year-old lady for her money in payment for said ride! Crazy times on the way to church, with Riverview references galore - I am not schizophrenic, thanks! I told him that he was denying his own craziness, and needed to accept it with the help of some 12-step program, even if those are normally for addictions! He wondered whether my parents were REALLY going to China, since it could be a trap to lure me into the parental abode, where I'd be put in a cage till they got back. I said that Mom had wanted to put me in Steph's crawlspace, so I wouldn't be surprised if that actually did happen! Then he wondered why I couldn't make it next week - I would, but my grandma is a concern. He figures that she can eat Pho at a different table, or go somewhere with her friends (NOT the dead ones!) where we could pick her up later. Maybe... we'll see. I got emails saying that next week would work for most people - so perhaps I'll have to do it that way.

At the church, we said hi to a bunch of people on our way into the fellowship hall. I noticed Mr. Creep being flanked by Jen and Eric when we DID sit down to listen to the Frog Hollow / Skeena Terrace people talk about what they provide for the community - they'd better watch out! I just tried not looking behind me, especially when Jon and Harmony said that Dave was there... I actually jokingly accused them of lying, haha! It was an interesting talk, although Mr. Creep had far too much input afterwards in a question and answer period! Food banks, accessible services, relationships with other community services, respect for people, and more... pretty interesting food for thought! Ivan mentioned that we'd lost 7-4 to Chicago... AW, MAN! When the talk was done, I told Jon that the Pho lunch had been rescheduled because of Mother's Day - I knew Jon wouldn't have had a chance to check his email. Maybe we can have lunch with Grandma instead! Jon thought I should know when Auntie Teresa is coming to look after Grandma - nope, since I was kinda focused on getting outta there after dinner that time! I also admired some family thank-you cards with Dianne and Martin... those were so sweet, even if it didn't cost us too much to send the food hampers out in the first place!

Decided to go for a joking approach with Dave (just before he talked to Pastor John about stuff - I walked away to give him some privacy AND because I didn't want to seem like I wanted to hang around him a lot :P) - that didn't quite work since he didn't hear my "Man, I thought you fell off the face of the earth!" greeting. Stupid high voice when I get nervous... *ugh* He's still at Kin's, which I knew - but still on the job hunt to pay bills and such! Then he said that I was experiencing "the kaleidoscope of life" - that could be an apt description, all right! He mentioned that he'd seen the post I'd made about the crazy Mother's Day gifts - the thumbnail picture I'd included had cracked him up! Oh yeah... green soap coming out of a huge nose had done the same for me! I said that people (Jeremy and me) DO notice when he's not around, and he said that he IS a church regular - fair enough, because even I have my days where I'm not there! (and it ISN'T because of "weakness" like my mother thinks! UGH!)

Took in a conversation about playing at weddings and such (Gilbert?) with Martin, Phyllis, Harmony, and Jon - knowing nobody at your table is always awkward, even if you're an extrovert who just wants to NOT talk! Talked to Jen, Christon, and Isabel about Jen's party on Sunday - she says she should have had it on Monday night instead! Apparently, the Bible Pictionary game was quite amusing because of what Jeremy had drawn for various clues... John the Baptist and water / walls, the Transfiguration, and other crazy things. Saw Cindy talking to Eric about something, and my email answers the question of WHAT... he's facilitating Bible Study soon!

I joined Wesley, Dave, Dylan, Dianne, Deb, and Kevin in talking about life and such. When the topic got around to Mother's Day, I said that I didn't have to celebrate it - Kevin wondered what was up, so I told him. Dave said that his family usually celebrates it when the restaurants are less crowded... sounds sensible to me! A bit later, he said that he had to "bounce," but would be there on Sunday. I expressed joking dubiousness about that, and he said something about how I could keep him company in the corner of the congregation while he had his dunce cap on... okay, then! I guess this means he WANTS me to sit by him... or as Eric pragmatically put it, he notices that I go out of my way to sit by him anyhow. HA HA HA.

I talked to Martin, Kevin, Wesley, and Dianne about food security, food safety, bacteria, pasta or spaghetti sauce from the dollar store, expiry dates and best before dates, green or curdled milk, and other things. Dianne said that she's excited to be an aunt soon - she's thinking of her brother's baby as hers, haha. She hopes her brother and his wife don't choose "Asian" names like Priscilla for the kid, although they might, knowing them! Kevin brought up transliterated names, too. The guys weren't looking too enthused about this line of discussion, especially when Dianne brought up the fact that the baby girl had peed during the ultrasound. I pointed that out, and said that they looked ready to follow Dave out the door, haha. Dianne said that I rocked, and we gave each other a side-hug. How could you NOT like a baby that does its own thing during an ultrasound?! Even the tech had said something about how she'd never seen that before in ten years! Twenty weeks is your last ultrasound unless you have problems, apparently... and the amniotic fluid is the baby's pee, which it drinks. Kevin said that at least it's sterile - for sure! There was some joking about how Dianne was a bad doctor because she didn't know certain things.

Eric came up to me, wondering if I was ready to leave - you bet! I noticed that the church was apparently giving away books, since there were a couple of piles on the front desk with a sign reading "Please Take One." On the way home, Eric said that I need to control Shane O'Brien so he doesn't take stupid penalties... sorry, but the hockey result is NOT MY FAULT! He noted that Darkwing had been there tonight - yes, but it's not like I talked to him a whole lot! We discussed playing Wordscraper against someone named Sun, LOST characters named Sun and Jin, my being a snorter and weirdo, Tim Horton's, grammatical errors in songs ("between you and I" is NOT CORRECT!), artistic license, Big Sugar's BUTTERBALL, annoying me / pissing me off for the whole weekend, doing sound AND offering on Sunday, various WORLD OF WARCRAFT things relating to orphans / Children's Week / assault, music as background noise being fine WITHOUT the lyrics, weird MARIO videos on Youtube, Mr. Creep, Daniel, and more. Beatboxing and playing the flute?! COOL! I also mentioned that Chinese Eric had sent me some messages over the past few days, and said that he was back in Hong Kong to deal with an emergency there. When I got home, I called Steph to see if she'd be available for lunch with Grandma on Sunday - depends what time she gets back from Francois' wedding in Agassiz. She is staying overnight, since she plans to drink... yeah, getting arrested for that would be pretty awkward, especially with all the cop arrests in the news lately! Left a message on Jon's cell, too.

Edit at midnight: HA. Look who shows up on MSN tonight... good times with Chinese Eric!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home