Friday, May 07, 2010

Ruining the attic, no privacy, enjoying freedom, teaching, and factories

High-scoring words of the night:

RUIN (200 points) - against Shari P. [4W, 5W, hook off DANCE to make DANCER]
ATTIC (300 points) - against Milka S. [two 5W]


Forgot to mention that Eric H. said hi to me at 8 AM - I wasn't up then! Called Auntie Ying, who says she now understands my issues with my mother a little more because of her co-workers. Her mom (who's 90) is due to come here for good from Toronto in August, and then they'll go to her village in China the next month. She said that she doesn't know what God wants her to do, so I told her to think of the poor people who might not want to be witnessed to! We discussed Mother's Day, buns, her and Uncle Peter not having any privacy, Bible Study Fellowship, hiking, showers, ping-pong, prayer items (I'm not asking her to pray that a certain person shows up tomorrow!), the program for tomorrow, toddler Sunday School (prep during service), maybe going out for lunch with me and my grandma when her mom gets here, and letting Chrystal enjoy her month's freedom. I agree with Uncle Peter - Chrystal should just enjoy it when her parents aren't around!


Corey messaged me:

[21:48:51] Corey: I was awake and at a class when you yelled at me, ya big dork
[21:49:09] Flami: now you're blocking my poke, you crazy person
[21:49:21] Corey: good thing I went too, because they told me I have a class to teach tomorrow, and they probably wouldn't have done that until late tonight like last week if I wasn't there in the morning... so now I have some time to prepare at least, but damn, tell me more than the day before
[21:49:33] Corey: I bet they knew they wanted me to teach that again last week :P
[21:49:50] Corey: go poke yourself
[21:52:56] Flami: you can't poke yourself on FB!
[21:53:48] Flami: oh, probably... it's the "let's tell them at the last minute" thing which is prevalent with my mother
[22:08:17] Corey: I want to know at the first minute because it's a 2 1/2 hour class, and kinda needs some preparation :P
[22:38:53] Flami: I can definitely understand that!
[22:40:44] Corey: I taught these people last week though, on zero preparation, and it sucked... they don't talk very much, and aren't a very high level class (meaning they'd still be better off with a teacher that speaks some Chinese to help explain things)
[22:41:30] Corey: but I at least know what part of their book they were told to look at last (like 3 weeks ago... their normal teacher moved, then they had a sub, then they had me, now they have me again, so it's been a while since they did normal things)
[22:42:20] Corey: so I can use their book for hopefully like half the class.. probably a bit less, and I have an activity I did last night with really low level students that need tons of Chinese help... it worked, and took up a lot of time there :P
[22:43:01] Corey: so hopefully I can add an article to read or some simple activities, and use up all the time that way
[23:26:02] Flami: hopefully, that will be good... I'm just eating too many buns here :P
[23:35:25] Corey: well, cut it out
[00:05:08] Corey: there's an army guy in the class tomorrow (no idea if he'll be there, he wasn't last week) who does triathalons and stuff, and says he eats tons of food, but he's really skinny
[00:05:26] Corey: the girls made fun of him for being a skinny soldier :P he should be big and tough
[00:15:05] Flami: haha, oh dear
[00:26:51] Corey: well, they weren't too mean :P but they said stuff like "are you going to TRY to get some muscle?"
[00:31:35] Flami: nice

Trivia fact for Friday, May 7: What was produced in the first factory established in what is now the United States - in the Jamestown Colony? Glass, in 1868.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home