Saturday, April 03, 2010

No Sunrise Service for me this year! / Almanacs

Eric picked me up at about 5:45, which was fine by me. Boy, it was intense wind and rain outside! Contrary to his delusion, I did NOT have a small head in my CANADA bag - it was a can of soup! He wondered if I were going to Sunrise Service, and I said I was because I thought he'd go. Turns out that his parents are driving, and so he'd make a decision tonight. Talked about Mr. Creep, and I said that my perfect line with the perfect delivery had seemed to do the trick - he wasn't talking to me anymore, which is what I wanted! Eric tried dissuading me about that, but I was pretty firm. Then he wondered whether the Good Friday service would be busy, since he didn't want to deprive an old lady of a parking spot, but he didn't want to park outside in the puddles either! I said that the old ladies had had their Good Friday service in the morning, and there should be plenty of space in the parkade. Turns out the parkade was closed, but the spaces next to it were probably okay!

Rang the doorbell, and Uncle Eugene let us in. I didn't mind being there early as long as I could read, and Christon figured that was the case. Dylan asked what book I was reading, so I told him. I said hi to Quan, who said that Hien was doing homework, and that Jon was at Pho - not surprised! Christon said that it would be a loud lively set for the most part, and this turned out to be true... gotta wake up the people who choose to attend Sunrise Service! Once I got to the sanctuary ahead of everyone else (sitting next to Jason M. - Mr. Creep was sitting near where I'd normally sit, but he moved), I found that we were doing something adapted from the Middle Ages named STATIONS OF THE CROSS. Images and readings, oh my! It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, heh. Said hi to little Allison, who walked around a little. You can't expect a two-year-old to stay seated for the duration, after all. She looked cute!

After the service, I went out with everyone else to the foyer. Talked to Emily Lam, Harmony, Jeremy, Eric, Jen, Karmie, Isabel, Christon, Cindy, and some others: sleeping in, doing the Chinese Good Friday service as a family, taxes, wedding planning, Chuck, Sunrise Service, headaches, bundling up and being warm, being awake when you do your testimony, and more. Thank goodness the baptism for our congregation is during the regular service this time! When Eric asked if I were ready to go, I wanted to... he said that he'd had a headache, after all. On the way home, he made me scream a couple of times - darned teasing! Said stuff about butter, basil, tomatoes, noodles, ass, making lunch after service, Que Pasa chips, incest, "V Diana" on Youtube, traffic lights falling down because of the wind, and more. I told him to please call me on Sunday - no worrying about two hours of sleep for me! He acted surprised, and thought I was going to Sunrise Service. I said that I'd made a decision of my own, and would do what he did. It works for me... even though I saw Ivan tonight, I didn't ask him whether he'd replaced his cell phone yet!


Trivia fact for Saturday, Apr. 3: Benjamin Franklin published Poor Richard's Almanac. Who published Alfred's Poor Almanac? MAD magazine. Alfred, of course, was Alfred E. Neumann, the magazine's gap-toothed figurehead.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home