Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gunshot wounds and bum crusties are acceptable lunch conversation!

When Eric picked me up this morning, he wondered if I wanted to be with someone. No comment on that, my friend! We discussed bling, the sudden DUMP of rain, traffic, and more. He jokingly wanted me to carry his skis in for him, but I didn't want to break them! Apparently, a bunch of people were bringing their equipment in early - good strategy! I sat in my usual spot, then hailed Jeremy - he was in the middle of telling Jon and Harmony that he'd done something extra for the boss at the end of a work day so he wouldn't have to go in today. Good plan, since he can probably use the time for studying since he has one last exam on Monday night before a week's break prior to learning MORE accounting! Moved my stuff to be near Jeremy - I greeted Citrus, who assumed that Steph was working. I assumed she was sleeping; with her schedule, I wouldn't blame her! As it happened, Steph was a little late - she told me that she'd done an epic BOMB, and then wondered why I wasn't sitting by Dave. He wasn't here!

We noticed a funny repeated announcement in the bulletin about students entering / in the midst of exams. Jeremy noticed it just as I was putting on my lip balm - it was pretty funny! Later, Harmony told me that my friend wasn't here today - trust me, I noticed! Went into the kitchen and bugged Hien about Minute Rice, which is fine as long as you don't microwave it! (but sometimes you gotta...) Talked to Danielle about Brent, Facebook, documentaries, and more. Asked Cindy how Jackie's grad recital was on Friday - it was phenomenal, she says. Put my stuff upstairs first before going back downstairs to talk to Auntie Catherine, who gave me a bunch of invitations - apparently, Chung Ming has gotten MARRIED, and is having an introductory dinner in June. WOW! I gave our parents' envelope to Steph, and handed Jon and Harmony's to her. Not sure if I'll make the dinner, but we'll see. I talked to Joshua and Keenan about Whistler... I think they're excited! Asked Ivan about a ride for next week - I don't mind if he has to be there early! He made sure that my number was in his new phone, and also made sure that he knew where I'd be - no fiascoes like in December, we hope! Attempted to give away some snacks I didn't like to Natalie, who wouldn't take them, but Priscilla did. I had one bagel and a coffee, which was actually labelled TEA.

Asked Geoffrey how he'd gotten to church, since I know he lives in Richmond - he'd taken the Canada Line to Broadway Station and met Uncle Hansel / Auntie Cathy. Also asked what his last name was - it's CHUM, like the fish or like the TV station. At least in Texas, he didn't get the "salmon!" thing all the time, heh. Steph said that there was a bag of stuff for me on Dad's desk - I figured it was mostly useless stuff, and I was right. After talking to a few more people (narrowly avoiding Mr. Creep), I decided to get out of there and head to Sunday School. Got distracted by the sight of little Mattias in a big comfy chair, so of course I had to talk to him for a bit - he liked it, Phil said. Oh yes, we can tell by his subtle expressions! Talked to Karen I. about her brother-in-law's wedding, too.

The class was even fuller than last time, since we had two new kids named Vicky and Kyle. Conor, Amanda, Amos, Donald (who was very good at putting things in the garbage can for me), Mattias, David, Evelyn, Ramen, Shira, and Harrison were there too. I figured that the new shoes in the crap bag didn't fit - oh well. Conor had a dragon shirt on - I told him that I had one too, but it was too cold to wear it... maybe in a month! He, Vicky, Amanda, and Donald were drawing up a storm! Conor wanted me to sign his Awana book for him once I reviewed a section with him (reading a Bible verse), but I told him that he should get William to sign it instead! Rachel's grandma said that Rachel thanked me for the birthday present I gave her yesterday - oh good! Amanda and Vicky (new friends!) talked to me about bossy people and knowing Chinese... yes, I know a few bossy people myself! I surprised Auntie Ying by giving her a calculator, which she's apparently never used before... hmm! Just read the manual, haha.

When I got downstairs, Isabel / Harmony / Jeremy / Jon / Christon were talking about comfort food. I wondered if anyone had figured out what to do for lunch yet... maybe a Korean place, or the Chili Pepper House. Unfortunately, my mom chose to intercept me - if Auntie Teresa wants to touch base with me regarding Grandma, just get her to email me so I don't have to spend time with you! UGH! But I did figure out why Mom called last week: apparently, Grandma had bought a big lobster. Better my sanity than a huge lobster! Jeremy isn't going to the retreat either, so it looks like I'll have a regular seatmate as company! Welcomed Sam back from Winnipeg, of course.

Eventually, a bunch of us went to Cho Sun BBQ House - talked about effective locations for gunshot wounds, running, massive meat in the pork lung soup, gross things, poop, wiping, Andrea's birthday party at Shally's yesterday, the medulla oblongata, spending money, Pho, ice cream, making the world go away, Kevin powerwalking up Rupert, burial plots, being mortal, fish and chicken NOT being vegetarian, and more. On the way home, Eric bugged me by deliberately mispronouncing a bunch of names (mostly Canucks and our friends) - and look, he's done it on MSN just now too. I mostly ignored that (and his MSN message), except to give him a couple of death threats. When he dropped me off before getting something done at home, I said that I hoped he got that out of his system in 12 days. I can ignore him just as well then, I'm sure... but I'd probably rather not! Of course, I was at liberty to change the subject - the Fellowship is doing a Frog Hollow Community program the week after the retreat, he says. Interesting... oh, and I also threw away most of the contents of the USELESS CRAP BAG, haha. But I'll donate the shoes to the Salvation Army, of course.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home