Saturday, April 24, 2010

Church is NOT an appropriate place to be naked, kid!

Turns out I had even less time than I thought to get ready, because Henry called me just after 3 - good thing I'd taken a shower, at least! (my hair felt much better) Apologized to him because he had to wait, since I'd put the rice in the microwave to cook. He said it was okay since he'd had to wait himself for chicken nuggets to finish cooking at his place... he'd just left them in the oven. I'd put my rice in the fridge, however... not sure whether I'd forget if I left them in the microwave! Discussed El NiƱo, this summer having a 35-degree average temperature (YIKES for the mice!), Dine Out Vancouver, my brother's saying that Chicken McNuggets contained 47 ingredients (one of which is butane?!), his finally feeling a little better, the Foods Sunday School class, and more on the way over.

When we got into the church, I saw Alan - apparently, he just got back from Asia. I seem to recall hearing about it from my mom, when she was trying to convince me to go to the Fellowship retreat: "Alan is taking three weeks off!" (implication being that I could take ONE MEASLY WEEK OFF) As it happens, I have no spare money to even sink into a weekend retreat, and I've been to a lot of those already! (like Dave was saying the last time we discussed it) Besides, next week is the park outing - FREE IS GOOD! Interacted with a bunch of the kids, including one who told me that if I followed him home and annoyed him (I was going to say "stalk," but realized an eight-year-old wouldn't know the word), he'd push me out the door and lock it so I couldn't do that anymore. Cute! Margaret helped me with some stuff, too. Jordan was just staring at Golden, so Chrystal and I asked him what was up: he then told Golden that he was hairy. Gee thanks, kid!

I made change for my coins from Jinny's $10 bill and other coins that were around, too. Chrystal, Golden, and I discussed being tired, school, the special Olympics coins, last week, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, movies, and more. Sean, Conor, Eunice, and Luke didn't want to play games - we made them sit out on chairs. When I was done my secretary work, I went over to talk to them. Conor showed me his new shoes, and said that he liked the color yellow - he hates purple, pink, and black. His brother likes red and black, but hates yellow / pink / purple. Eunice likes pink and purple - I thought so, since she is a girl! What surprised me was what she said about her brother: "Isaac likes pink, too!" Interesting...

Sean was also pretending to eat his uniform, so I told him that I didn't think it would taste very good. "I think it will! I want to be naked!" With that response, I had to tell him that church was NOT an appropriate place to be naked, and to wait till he was in his room at home with nobody around - naked is a PRIVATE thing! Of course, it's not like he COULD have eaten his uniform - at the rate he was chewing on it, it would have taken him YEARS! "I don't care what they tell you in HANSEL AND GRETEL - houses and clothing are not edible!" Then Sean said that he'd seen a lady with a jacket which smelled like meat - hahaha, I love the kids' imaginations! I told him about beef jerky underwear, which he wasn't impressed with. Conor tried kicking himself, hitting his own head, and hitting his head on the soft chair headrest... then said he wanted a glowing pair of sunglasses. I like interacting with this one, haha - and more tomorrow!

After Awana, I took a bag of leftover snacks containing (Japanese) crackers and some other stuff. Said hi to Emily, who said that Sam was home - good, I'll see him tomorrow! Sean was crying because (I assume) his team had lost. Ada said he had to calm down, which he did after ten minutes or so. Later, Sean told us not to get him lost, so I said that it would be hard to get lost in the church parkade! On the way home, Ian told me about this Bakugan toy / its abilities / his friend Terrence with a birthday party tomorrow (turning eight or nine) / Toys R Us / comparing his toy to his friend's birthday present, playing the game on the computer, and more. Sean just talked to himself, and asked me to spell "primary" for him. He also showed me his Bible, which Ian said he got for free... however, Ian had to pay money for his! Oh well, that's okay too! I thought about the places I could get a relatively inexpensive long-sleeved T-shirt to replace one of my own... LONDON DRUGS! Yes, I'll go there now and call Eric later!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home