Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Erasing deficits, surprising people with Chinese, and Irish snacks

High-scoring words of the night so far:

YAUPON (117 points) - against Jim V. [two 3W] {good deficit-erasing word!}

Before I left for the library, I told Corey that I had finally mailed his thing to him on Saturday. He said he had to mail mine soon, too. Then he said that he'd surprised random girls and Jane with his knowledge of Chinese, haha. Sounds good to me!

[16:52:16] AlenaBrolxFlami: by the way, I finally mailed your thing on Saturday afternoon, using AIR mail :D
[16:53:44] mrptptpt: well, I need to mail your thing. I even braved buying one of the things myself without Jane's help, and the girl was afraid to talk to me, but I used Chinese at the end and surprised her, ha :P
[16:55:04] AlenaBrolxFlami: hahaha, that's super!
[16:58:38] mrptptpt: I surprised Jane, too. I saw a girl with lots of tattoos and piercings and stuff, which is literally the only person like that I've ever seen in Taiwan, so I said she probably listens to better music, and I should go talk to her. Jane said "go ahead," thinking I couldn't... but I asked if she spoke English, in apparently perfect Chinese (I'm perfect if you limit it to one of the few sentences I know really well :P) ... and Jane had never heard me ask anything like that before, so she was shocked :P
[16:59:38] AlenaBrolxFlami: HAHAHAHAHAHA!


Harmony says she can't make Women's Group tomorrow because she and Jon got tickets to see a play with an out-of-town friend. Fair enough, and I was in the shower when she called me back!

Trivia fact for Wednesday, Mar. 17: What is the principal ingredient of the traditional Irish snack known as crubeens or cruibins? Pig's feet.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home