Thursday, January 21, 2010

Accidents on the Alex Fraser resulting in DEATH / Dogs eating Jezebel / North Pole Eskimos

Jen and Harmony were late meeting me - at first, I thought that they'd gone ahead without me when I saw one Canada Line train empty itself of passengers. At least it wasn't cold outside, so I waited for the next one since I had left at 6:40 and waited for the bus till 6:50! When Harmony saw me, she apologized and said she'd tried to call me... RIGHT when I had left! We talked about job interviews / JACK BAUER / swing dancing / Winnie P. / singles / work as we waited for the 403 or 404, then gave Karmie a call. She said that there was some traffic snarl that was related to a few accidents all happening at once on the Alex Fraser bridge; apparently, a semi-truck had crashed into a third car which had driven into two cars involved in an accident. (the driver of the third car died!) No wonder Stella couldn't come since her husband Billy had called her at 7:16 from said bridge! Nobody else was home to look after her boys, of course.

We spent the entire study on Jezebel - the dogs definitely licked up her blood and then ate her entire body excluding skull, hands, and feet! It was pretty interesting, especially how she fixed her hair and such before her enemy killed her - and how her eunuchs just threw her out the window like that! (DEFENESTRATION!) Enjoyed some chocolate biscuits, (oxidized) green apple slices, and green tea while talking about the Olympics (Andrea's city worker shift is from 4 PM to midnight?!) / events / Josiah / interviews / not meeting during the Olympics / Auntie Kam and Zoe / Julie and Elaine's grandma not doing well, and their mom Auntie Cynthia travelling overseas despite her own condition / other such things. Andrea drove me home, and we tentatively agreed to hang out next week before Olympics fever hits town. At home, I finally finished the kids' birthday cards, and put some others into my usual knapsack before editing some stuff.


Trivia fact for Thursday, Jan. 21: How did four men named Oatah, Egingwah, Ookeah, and Seegloo make history in 1909? They are the Eskimos credited with reaching the North Pole with Americans Robert Peary and Matthew Henson. The expedition was Peary's eighth bid to reach the pole.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home