Sunday, January 03, 2010

Do we HAVE to sing Christmas carols in JANUARY?! Are you two DELUSIONAL?!

My parents were even later than they said they would be, but at least the banana-walnut muffins were fresh! Said hi to Grandma, anyway... got to service late, meeting Maxine's family in the elevator. I accidentally pressed the CLOSE DOOR button - when Maxine noticed, I said I wasn't awake yet... she knew how that was, haha. When I actually did go into the sanctuary, Randal was reading a Christmas-themed passage - and then we went into WE THREE KINGS. COME ON, CHRISTON AND ERIC! ARE YOU TWO DELUSIONAL?! (I understand that the Christian calendar's Christmas season extends into January, but did we REALLY have to sing Christmas carols?!) Of course, the sermon had to be Christmas-themed as well... *grumble*

I was very happy when service was over - said hi to Cindy and Dianne (who are back from China), Harmony (today's bag from Mom contained newspapers, muffins, and other things), Andrew, Jeremy, Hien, Karen Kwan, her dad Uncle John, William, Wes and a pregnant Esther, Chrystal (New Year's), Helen and her boys Nicholas and Cory, Joshua / Keenan / Tim, and others. Cory was wandering around with a tiny mandarin orange at one point - so cute! I scooped him up after he climbed the steps to the stage, while telling Joshua NOT to touch the drums. Having three kids would REALLY deplete your reserves of energy and patience, even if my parents did it! (haha, Helen pointed that out!) Noticed Martin talking to Mr. Creep near the kitchen, so tried to steer the kids away from that corner of the room for obvious reasons! Got too much coffee at first, because it was too hot for my knuckles to handle in a mug, so dumped some in the kitchen sink. (which reminds me of some vitamins that Nathan has - The Kitchen Sink, hahaha!)

Said hi to baby Mattias, who wanted the celery stick that I was eating right in front of him - sorry, baby, none for you! His mom Karen said that he knew it was food, and he wasn't picky! I bet! Kevin verbally reminded me of Committee Meeting tomorrow - yup, I remember. Hailed Dave when it seemed like he was done talking to Jose and Raymond ("Les!") - I actually barely touched his shirt because it had a tiger, haha! (whoops) He said that a respected graphic artist had drawn it; cool stuff! I asked how his birthday and New Year's had been - housesitting (which ends on Friday) and video games! He wanted to know what I was doing for lunch: I'd probably be with my parents, I told him. When I asked him in turn, he said that he'd either cycle or eat with the boys. At least this one isn't hanging out excessively with girls, haha! He mentioned reading through my Facebook profile, and finding it to be random. I told him that the NGS were known to be unique and quirky, hahaha!

Saw Lesley's friend Connie, and met her husband Alex and kids Christian and Kaitlin. (guessing at spelling) Asked Fidela what date the girls' get-together would be: we never get to see Becky, and she can't make it! Then again, Fidela's friend was supposed to visit her, but he's stuck in Portland since his passport is in UTAH! I guess that frees up her schedule... we'll see later on in the week, for sure! She wants somewhere central; while I had no idea on a specific place, I agreed that Broadway was good as a starting point for the variety and location. Made sure to talk to Sam since he leaves this week - we told each other to take care, even if winter break went by too quickly for him! Touched base with Jon (since I wasn't in the mood to talk to either Eric or Christon) - when I mentioned helping with the kids, he said that I should leave. I know, but I kept getting distracted!

By the time I went upstairs, it was 11:45 - yikes! Got to give away Christmas cards and candy canes to Conor (who hugged me a few times when I mentioned Jesus coming to his house), David, Evelyn, Margaret, and little Esther. Amanda said that in her picture of flowers, she had killed Transformers. I like the girl's morbid mind, haha! Amos just played with cars and such - the kids seemed to listen when I told them some stories, at least. (gave a candy cane to Rachel) Saw the twins' mom Linda, looking a bit thinner than a couple months ago, but that's definitely understandable! At least she's feeling better!

After that, I went downstairs, where Uncle Tom gave me a ginger snap. When Matthew Ma #2 came looking for $2 which he'd lost somewhere, I gave him my last candy cane when he remembered my name. Mom tried to give me a guilt trip about not accompanying Grandma to the second floor in the elevator because she forgot where she was going - nope, not buying that! Besides, she knows darn well that *I* would have no idea where to go - plus, I was running late too! Had Pho with my parents, and noticed that the restaurant had been renovated! At least I'm home early from church; this is a good thing, since I needed to pee when I got home! (if this is TMI, too bad :P)


Edit: I've asked Billie whether I can sleep over on Friday after the birthday party. Her dad has said that it's okay - apparently, her parents love having me over! Tara keeps saying that I'm such a good girl, haha. Either way, that's good - I just need to tell Eric tomorrow that I won't be going to MissionsFest, and I'll call Henry sometime during the week too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home