Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bean dip potentially creating a stain, so laundry it is! / Scientific symbols in Iran

Reason #123 why I will NEVER opt for a laundromat: Some bean dip spilled on my sweater as I was eating it with chips, potentially creating a stain. (I'm practically all better from my cold) Even with coined laundry, I can still do an emergency load at 12:50 AM without having to worry about opening hours OR lugging a heavy load in a garbage bag to a 24/7 location.

Trivia fact for Tuesday, Jan. 12: What scientific symbol is featured on the back of Iran's largest banknote (the 50,000 rial), issued in March 2007? The nuclear power symbol, which depicts electrons orbiting an atom. On the banknote, the symbol is atop a map of Iran along with a quotation from the prophet Mohammad: "Men from the land of Persia will attain scientific knowledge even if it is as far as the [star cluster] Pleiades."

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home