Saturday, December 12, 2009

I actually LIKE Winnie and Dave - they seem good!

Eric came to pick me up at the proper time, and said that I was housesitting ineffectively since the RICHMOND NEWS was outside the door, and people would conclude that nobody was home. Sure, if it were LEFT out there for a couple of days or something! On the way over, we talked about new people / Mr. Creep saying hi to me / leading Bible Study / Jen's party this past Sunday / a weird gas price of 990.9ยข per litre (at almost $10 a litre, Steph later said she'd take transit instead!) / Christmas plans. Once Eric and I got into the Fellowship room via the parkade and the elevator (discussing farting and laughing on the way), Mr. Creep greeted us! I ignored it (as per usual protocol), and Eric returned it. There WAS an empty seat RIGHT BESIDE HIM, but of course I didn't take it - I elected to sit next to "dope / represent!" Guy instead. (I don't think Dave's THAT bad... he IS friendly enough) I was a little surprised to discover that I agreed with Mr. Creep's basic sentiment about the snow: WE DON'T NEED IT! This doesn't make me like him more, mind you.

During Bible Study (Richie had a skeleton key), Winnie thanked me for the belated birthday wishes... when she said she liked my "blogs," I was a little confused. Then I figured that she must mean the status messages - that was indeed what her intent was, and she found them interesting. Cool stuff! Dave still used "represent!" in the same way that my ex used to, but as long as HE isn't saying that it is the one true way of speaking, then I guess I'm fine with it. He also said that he was supposed to "hook up" with my brother today - well, Jon IS a busy guy! Winnie said that there are anonymous prayer forums on the Internet, and also that there are "Atheists' Last Words" sites where the people will describe demons and hellfire coming for them as they die. Interesting morbidity, haha! Steph came in late, but bought candy cookies for everyone. Talked about fatalities, prayer, ticketing, and other stuff with Dylan (Deb is sick!) / Kevin / Eric / Cindy / Dave / Winnie - good Bible Study, indeed. Dave had a bike, which was fine - his reasons for cycling are probably different than Jeremy's! His pants were a little short, so I expressed concern by wondering if he would be okay even WITH pedaling!

When it was over, Steph and I (along with Eric) went into the main Fellowship room to see what was going on with Christon / Randal / Wesley / Citrus / Jon / Harmony / Jen. Steph said that she might not make it on Sunday, so I told Eric that I'd probably call him tomorrow - he said "Please don't," and someone else said that they LOVED the honesty, haha! Jon invited us to have beer downtown, but Steph said she had to stay sober since she was on-call tonight... and she was tired from the Washington funeral and work anyhow! (they won't call her unless something REALLY BAD happens!) Steph displayed the typical NG affection towards Jon, which everyone in the room knew about anyhow. Further talked about fatalities in the COLD weather, and surveying... and Steph's phone call to me yesterday, warning me not to jaywalk. Jon freely admitted to jaywalking occasionally in the Downtown Eastside, heh. I talked to Harmony about her reading at the Rhizome for the launch of Rice Paper magazine (her own work!), and how she was getting a lot of comments on the FB status. I don't mind "getting all the updates," as my sister terms it. Wished her GOOD LUCK with it, in any event.

When I told Jon that Deb was sick and that Dylan had gone home early to see how she was, he wondered to Harmony whether HE'D do that - haha, I dunno, but maybe he should! Steph and I left after a bit, and spotted Eric outside looking at a MAP - what the heck is going on?! He even got a call during the middle of Bible Study too! On the way home, Steph and I talked about Henry / work / Bible Study / Jeremy / where Winnie and Dave came from (she likes them both - and I agree) / tomato juice / fruit punch / plants / the garbage / soup / curry. We might go out for lunch tomorrow - we'll see what happens! I know there's a chance of flurries! Just discovered that the tag maximum is now 1200 instead of the 1000 it had been before... nice for Chinese Eric's journal, haha!


Poo nugget for this weekend: Rectal High - Enemas are used in contemporary medicine to cleanse the colon or as a mode of delivering drugs into the system. Traditional medicine has long employed enemas for the latter reason, and some Native American and Mayan tribes continue to administer peyote and other hallucinogenic drugs in this manner.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home