Sunday, November 08, 2009

Female sizes and male sizes?! / Pho with Mr. Creep, among others / $1 for 18 cards!

When I got into the car this morning, my mom said that she'd given me a bag with two bowls of instant noodles inside. The other bag was for Jon, and that had newspapers and Chinese grapefruit. She said stuff about Auntie Anita and money, but I was too tired to really focus on too much. I'll have to look more into those websites when I'm reasonably awake, that's for sure! In the parkade, she said I could leave my blue bag in the car if I didn't need it - why would I bring a whole bag along if I didn't have any use for it during the usual Sunday morning routine?!!! CRAZY.

I saw Randal talking to Mr. Creep, and I had to not sit in my usual pew section because of that... UGH! Honestly, I didn't want to soak up CREEP VIBES! Instead, I sat by Martin (behind Kevin and Raymond, and in front of Gabriel / Eric L. / Rich / others) - we talked for a little about what we'd done yesterday. Cantonese stuff DOES sound draining to me, haha. I noted that a Chinese fellowship was selling shirts as a church fundraiser, and was amused at the bulletin mention of "female sizes" and "male sizes" - I gotta keep it to show Jeremy on Friday or whenever I see him next! Asked Vania if she had really linked me to Stuff White People Like last night on Facebook, and she said she had - it was like getting the book for FREE, haha!

After service, I gave Jon his bag of stuff from Mom, then headed out into the foyer and the fellowship hall... of course I *had* to take advantage of the coffee available! Talked to Chrystal (about Sunday School and not wanting to disturb her sister's small group - THE BOX is a bad movie!), Eric M. (about rescuing Sheena from Mr. Creep), Lily, her daughter Hannah, Lesley, Anita, her daughter Allison (about Oreos), Winnie (about her kids' possible reaction to New Baby), and more people. Sheena has this project about how to use Jericho Beach as a cemetery, and then try to integrate that with all the beach's other uses... very interesting stuff. She told me and Karmie that it was kinda hard without her mom around to provide meal planning and emotional support, since she's in China for three weeks to see family and old friends. Sounds exciting, since she hasn't been there in thirty years! But I can understand why it's hard for Sheena and her family, too... Karmie says HER daughter Hannah felt just like that when she was in Toronto for a week! (yes, I know... multiple girls named Hannah - it gets confusing :P)

In toddler Sunday School, it was just Amanda and Conor, drawing various things. I told them about the talking donkey in the Bible, and I hope they remembered it. They agreed that they'd be scared if they saw a talking donkey! Conor told me things about his imagination, and Amanda said that she liked drawing hearts. Auntie Ying said that she would be away for a week later this month, and said that she'd call me later in the week, maybe Wednesday. She said that Rachel's grandma would be there to help, and I could enlist Auntie Bessy's help if I felt I needed it. Right now, I think it should be okay... but then we'll see what happens with six or more kids, haha! She also gave me some Maynard's candy - Fuzzy Peach, Fruit Mania, Swedish Berries, and Sour Patch Kids! (and some stats on the kids)

After that, I went downstairs to see Jen and others making plans for lunch. She had a time crunch problem, so they decided to go to Pho. Christon told me that nothing was going on, but then I managed to learn that Mr. Creep was going along. I decided to join them because I wanted to look after Harmony, since Jon wouldn't be joining them because of a presentation. At the restaurant, I sat as far away as possible from Mr. Creep and avoided looking him directly in the eye. I had a feeling that he would steal my soul if he did, because eyes are the window to the soul... I only spoke to him to be polite when he poured me tea. (but then he was doing it for everyone) Dylan's wife Deb joined us later, and I asked her how church had been - her church had had a combined service because of an anniversary. He also addressed me by name when he was asking the table how good they were with directions - DO YOU NOT NOTICE THE "DON'T TALK TO ME!" VIBE?!!!!!

I coped by looking out the door, focusing only on Dylan and Deb, trying not to look at Mr. Creep (who even addressed me by NAME!), and other things. Saw Auntie Tracy, so sat at her table to tell her briefly how toddler Sunday School was going... ah, an escape! Discussed Sunday School, history, art and music as differing values, Singapore cruises, and some more stuff which I don't recall. Tried tuning out the other side of the table, but I still know they talked about jobs and such. At least I had verbal confirmation that Mr. Creep works at a school... YIKES! Jon STILL hadn't shown up by 2, so we left after getting some food for him.

I was glad to be out of the restaurant, and was uncomfortable even with Mr. Creep saying "God Bless You guys!" Just STOP talking!!!! Christon dropped me and Harmony off at the church, then decided to come inside to see how Jon's presentation had gone. Turns out that he had a sub, and hadn't had time to call Harmony to tell her so because the Missions Committee had started their questions right after he'd finished eating. It seems to have gone relatively well in that they'll offer their monetary support. They discussed ARCT, the "list" of theory pieces and the syllabus, the iTunes $10 "price error" on classical music, the MOONLIGHT SONATA, movements, and other things.

Jon and Harmony dropped me off at King Edward Station since Broadway was NUTS - so understood! They wondered why I was at lunch, so I said I had to protect my family. I still don't like Mr. Creep at all, to which they said "Oh, Sarne..." Well, it's true! Jon says that Mr. Creep isn't an idiot, and would notice my not looking at him or whatever - I don't really care at this point. Just keep him away from the kids and my friends! I decided to go to Shoppers Drug Mart to see if they had oven cleaner OR cheap boxed Christmas cards - they had neither, so I was off to London Drugs. While there, I saw a display with CHEAP cards... one box of 18 for $1 or $2?! I got that instead of one for 99 cents. (which would have been for Great-Aunt) I also got some EasyOff oven cleaner, which I now can't open! UGH! Just how strong do people think the average thumb is, doubled?!

Got home and briefly talked to Billie; also, I took a phone call from my mom. Then I bantered with Corey - Andrew asked me who Mr. Creep was, so I told him. He thinks I should give him a chance... um, no, perhaps not...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home