Wednesday, October 07, 2009

And the screensaver distracts ANOTHER old lady! / Dinesty again, and goodbye to Cousin Eric

Steph got home later than Grandma expected - man, Big G was so impatient! Great-Aunt seemed distracted / entertained by the screensaver on the computer, which is good: Steph in Regina, Jon's wedding, various family pictures... yup, you can use those to distract old ladies! She even saw one of her and Grandma from the other night: Steph uploaded them pretty quickly, I guess! At Dinesty, we had SLB / hot and sour soup / wonton / chicken with garlic / dried fish / other good Shanghai food. My grandma bugged me about having a boyfriend / getting married / reading / other stuff. Hey, if I had less time, WHO WOULD HAVE TAKEN YOU AND YOUR SISTER HOME?! HMM?!

Great-Aunt called me by my Chinese name, which I kinda expected, but nobody's done that in a LONG time! (if people at church don't know my name, I'm generally referred to as my father's daughter!) We thanked Cousin Eric for dinner, then discussed ZOMBIELAND and how Chinese were so sexist and confusing when it came to names for your relations. Yes, there are separate names for cousins depending on whether it comes from a male line or a female line! I said goodbye to Cousin Eric, and wished him a safe trip home tomorrow. Could be interesting if he comes here again, for sure!

At home, I bugged Corey about hot and sour soup. (he says they put too much SOY SAUCE in it - what the?!) I also helped Andrew with these two sentences' commas, wording, and grammar: "Not only does her article provide personal opinions, it also includes studies done by other research committees such as Monster.ca, NFI Research, and Red Point Management Services" and "The writers of the two articles use different writing techniques to convey the same message: communication is important." He thanked me, and let me know that the Canucks were winning for the first time - they were playing the Habs. Thanks to checking my news feed (Jonathan Chan always has the latest :P) and bugging Sabrina about it, I knew that already! YAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home