Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Flipping out because someone walked into you while on her phone?!

Going to church was uneventful for me, although I did witness a guy totally flip out on a girl who was talking on her cell phone. They were getting off the Broadway Station bus I wanted to get on. Everyone around could hear him tell her to get off her damn phone and go back to her dead-end life, so we wondered what that was about. I exchanged amusement with another dude on the bus about it - when I said it made you wonder what led up to it, a lady said that the girl had walked into the guy while talking on her phone. Like the dude said, that guy must have had a BAD DAY or something!

I collected Grandma and Great-Aunt from the washrooms, and briefly greeted Pastor John and Wai-Mui before briefly talking to my dad about using Cantonese / walking slowly / dinner plans. I led the old ladies down the ramp to the bus stop, and Grandma started talking to one of her friends who was also waiting for the bus. I noticed that while Grandma said I was smart, she also said that I was a couple months premature. Thanks for telling people that, really... later, she wanted me to keep an eye on where the bus was going. (got the same driver as I did on the trip there) Trust me, I know where we're disembarking! And if not, we're all gonna have to walk ANYWAY!

The Canada Line was also uneventful, although some lady in a blue jacket said "excuse me" as she tried pushing past us. I DON'T THINK SO, MAN! Great-Aunt seemed okay with standing all the way, although Grandma and I found seats in different car areas. Once we were at Richmond Centre, Grandma didn't seem impressed with the wait, although the bus stop IS right in front of the station and NOT at Staples anymore! She complained that there were other bus stops near the church, and the trip shouldn't take so long. Just live with it! Got to the townhouse at 3:30, and had my mom wonder what took so long. Like mother, like daughter! *sigh*

Mom showed me the jalapeno cheese slices, the three-litre non-stick pot (smaller than my old one, but I'll live for now), the non-stick spatula, and the non-stick frying pan perfect for one person. She also gave me Night Of The Living Dad (Rick Kirkman, Jerry Scott), which I've already read. Oh well. I snacked on nectarines and two mints while Cousin Eric showed Grandma and me a Chinese magazine which is apparently Hong Kong's ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY equivalent. Interesting... he also told me that he liked beautiful made-up ladies. Okay, then! Mom said that Grandpa Marr's funeral will be at 10 on Wednesday, but she can't go because she has to take the two old ladies to the airport. She also said that Great-Aunt would be going to church with us on Sunday... cool stuff! Grandma's just made a comment about how both Cousin Eric and I are on the computer... hey, it happens. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home