Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kayden and Harrison?! Really?! Oh, parents...

This thing restarted while I was out! Before I left, I put a whole bunch of paper in the teacher workbook for "prep during service" purposes. Bad, I know. It's not BLANK paper for drawing on like Conor would want, but I'll get that tomorrow along with two birthday cards. My mom was being her usual self today, but at least she did alert me to the fact that I'd somehow worn my sweater backwards - very useful. For some reason, she was talking to Harmony about Jon's underwear - weird, haha. (I later told Harmony that I'd wondered about it, haha) She also told me exactly why Dad liked a certain kind of boxers - it's not the color, people! No such thing as TMI in our family, man! Wesley sat beside me, which was cool - Mom later told me that she thought he was RAYMOND, of all people! Why would we sit by each other now?! She KNOWS Wesley, Chris, and their parents!

While I was out of the sanctuary, I spotted Kevin, so asked if he got my email - yup! Then Auntie Ying wanted to know if I wanted to sing with the children during their presentation - sure, why not? That went pretty well - I directed a bunch of negative energy toward Mr. Creep once I located him in the congregation, haha. "You come near these kids or even LOOK at them, and there will be HELL to pay!" Uncle Edwin later gave me an ouzo candy because he thought I was coughing - hahaha, not really. (and if I were, it wouldn't help since it wasn't a cough drop!) I asked if he were on Facebook since it keeps suggesting I add him as a friend, but apparently he doesn't know how to work it. Fair enough, I guess!

Greeted Brian and a few others while making my way to the fellowship hall. Told Jen that I was glad she was going to be on Committee this upcoming year, but I didn't tell her the REAL reason, haha. Said hi to Hannah and Natalie, and asked if they wanted some candy - ended up giving them the entire huge Ziploc bag full of Fuzzy Peach and Sour Patch Kids! Told them to share with Gladys and their other friends, and admired Natalie's deviousness when she said they should take all the Fuzzy Peach candy out first for themselves, hahaha. Watched Mr. Creep VERY carefully, especially when he was around the kids! Joshua, Keenan, Benjamin, and Noah were chasing each other around (even around me) - I know Billy, Stella, Tim, Maxine, and Cousin Calla were very nearby, but still. I talked briefly to Tim, Billy, and Stella too. (Maxine at Harrison Hot Springs yesterday for a conference?! HOW REFRESHING!)

Keenan was pulling on Tim's hand, so I said that he'd pull Daddy's fingers off, but he seemed quite adamant that it wouldn't happen. Haha, I was just joking around! I asked where Keenan wanted to take Daddy, and he said he didn't know - I bet he wanted some more snack food, but it looked like he had enough cookies and 100% fruit snacks! Eric came up to say hi to the kids, and asked me what Noah's name was - yup, he is getting big! Billy told the others to be careful around Noah since he's small - boys will be boys, of course! Said hi to Adam, Andrew, and others on my way out of the fellowship hall and upstairs. Of course, I got distracted by Mike, Julie, Allison, Jeff, and Anita - Allison just stared at me when I said hi, haha.

There were two new kids this morning, both with what I'd consider to be less than acceptable names: KAYDEN and HARRISON?! Really?! Harrison seemed polite (except when he was throwing a used paper towel across the table), and Kayden seemed quiet - that's fine. Esther actually talked to me in English, Conor read stuff out of his Hang Glider Awana handbook to me and Auntie Ying, Amanda was brought upstairs by Uncle Patrick (Nathan said we had an incoming person), and Amos / David / Evelyn played a lot. When the kids' attention seemed to be flagging, I hastily delegated Auntie Ying to say a prayer, haha. She thanked me afterwards, and I said that I'd heard she had called my parents to figure out my number. (they gave it to her - my mom thought I'd screen my calls, but of course I do!)

Conor's parents said that he really wants to learn that handbook, since his brother Sean is farther along than he is. Of course, Conor's only in kindergarten while Sean is two years older, but the drive is definitely there! Heck, he really wanted to wear his Awana uniform today, too! David wanted to take something home with him, so we explained why he couldn't do that. He was crying a lot, but I did say bye to his twin Evelyn, who actually waved and said BYE back! I told David that he could come back next week (which isn't that far off) and play with the toys then! Maybe the kid needs a "countdown" device, haha. Perhaps I'll look it up!

Went downstairs to thankfully find Mr. Creep GONE from the fellowship hall and presumably the building! I had noticed Phil talking to him earlier, and felt like I wanted him to be excluded! Well, we'll see. Jon, Jeremy, and Eric were setting up for a worship meeting or something - Amanda definitely wanted some of their Panago pizza lunch, haha! Went to the usual place with Alan and Polly - Mom had almost gotten my hopes up this morning when she said they'd found a new restaurant. It's by the bonsai place, but seems very small. They discussed Fellowship stuff, Auntie May, Steph's work / upcoming trip / townhouse, a shooting near Alan and Polly's place, and more.

Then Dad and I had to wait when Mom went into Zellers at Lansdowne to take advantage of some sale. We talked briefly about Mr. Creep - Dad thinks that I should leave it at those emails I sent various people. Well, isn't it ODD when he attends a fellowship for younger people?! Maybe eventually he can work with kids - I hope NOT! There's something that strikes me as OFF about him, for sure... don't know what it is, but I don't want the kids around him - even my friends! Too late for that, I suppose... and I refuse to refer to him by name. He's ruined it for me! Got a new pillow / instant coffee (Mom seems to think I consume the stuff) / a rolly suitcase, however. I didn't bother telling Mom that there IS no "Garbage Day" as such when you live in an apartment complex. Oh sure, the garbage collection does come on a few select days a week, but it's not like you have to set your bags out by a curb or anything! Called Steph later to tell her about Citrus being featured in a Chinese paper. Discussed hot pot, overtime, and other things as well - home at 8 AM?! YIKES, GET SOME SLEEP!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home