Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Is Job dead yet? Was the earth red before?" - oh, Jordan and his laughs!

This thing just restarted again! At least I threw a bunch of stuff away, transferred addresses to a new notebook, and had dinner. Also looked at the Staples website to determine that the nearest store closes at 6 on weekends. I also saw that the blank paper isn't as expensive as I thought it might be (even in reams of 500), so it's all good as long as I stick to copy paper (NOT computer paper!) since that might be a bit more economical than refill paper, and better quality too. :D

Ada and John picked me up, and the kids said hi... it was cute how Ian prompted his brother Sean to do it. The kids played some game involving monsters, and smacking each other with a rolled-up poster board. I told them that they didn't want to do that TOO hard, or check out eyeballs either. When I told Ian about Jeas Town eating crayons and candles, he thought that was gross. Discussed dim sum lunch and other things with Ada, too. Got to church, and saw Rosenda with her sons Ian and Gabriel. When I said hi to the kids, they each gave me a hug... I asked Gabriel how he was, and he said "Good!" Hahaha, so cute. I also gave Rosenda a REALLY late birthday card (her birthday's in August), which she definitely wasn't expecting!

I talked to Auntie Vivian, Chrystal, and Bob about snack distribution. Auntie Vivian got the Dare Bear Claws from Wal-Mart when they had a huge special on, and Melia wanted to have a package just to see what it was like! I told her that I'd had one when there were actual leftovers from giving them to the kids, and they were really good. When Emily was sharing a very abridged and simplified version of the story of Job with the Sparks, Jordan wanted to know three things. "Is Job dead yet? What year did he die? Was it like 1990-something? Was the earth red before?" Hahaha! Interacted with Nicholas, Hannah, Amanda, Esther, Kimberly, a cute Awana baby sibling, Annie, Joshua, and some other kids - I helped a girl buy a bookmark from the Awana Store, too. Asked Matthew Ma #2 whether he remembered what my name was - at first, he thought it was Rebecca, but then remembered the correct name. Yay!

The top round thing of my pale lavender hat fell off after Awana, so I decided to see what Mom thought of it. I asked Dad (at the front desk) where Mom was, and he pointed down the hall. When I opened the last office door and called her by name, I apparently scared her, hahaha. There was nothing to be done with it, so I decided to throw it away along with the "Every Day Happy!" notebook cover (I kept the paper) and some other junk. On the way home, Ian taught his younger brother some things about his new blue Hiker handbook - it was good to listen to it, haha. Also discussed drinking juice, dinner, monsters, and more. After some searching when I got home, I found a pink one just like it in my room, so that's good at least even if it isn't my favorite color. (Mom may have bought me three of these, but I don't know where the third one went...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home