Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dream: Grandma, Darren, records, fits, and crowded staircases / Twelve phone calls!

Had a dream which featured (among other things) my grandma dying from having fits on the floor of the old church building! Luckily, there were a lot of people around to help support us. Chrissy (argh4itchytasty) made an appearance in this dream as someone who kept repeating the date "August 17" to any other person she encountered. Darren C. also was there, having earned a record, and having the sports card and multiple writeups to prove it... he had 1117 points in one hockey season alone. Everyone congratulated him for that. Then we were directed to an epic thread on the bad baby names forum, where there were at least 1038 posters! For some reason, the posters were on a long (and therefore VERY crowded) staircase! I posted something just for the sake of being included in the EPIC THREAD, and I instantly joined the thronging / jostling crowd. Woke up soon after that, which was fine by me. No idea why I had the dream - I haven't even been to that message board in a few months!

This morning seemed to be one of phone calls galore, once I actually got up from that dream! I noted that Auntie Ying had apparently called me again, so I decided to call her back after I took a shower. (and a telemarketer had called me TWICE!) First, I called my mom to see what the plans were for this afternoon. I told her that I couldn't bus over because I had to take a shower (very true) - she agreed to have Steph pick me up, thank goodness. Said that she'd be dropped off at church REALLY EARLY for Zion Fellowship, and wanted to know if I would like that too. I don't care if SHE doesn't mind going hours earlier, but I already had a ride! Hahaha! Decided to take the shower before calling Auntie Ying back - she wanted to know whether we should invite little Esther's mom to the lunch tomorrow. Sure, why not? Then she said that she'd called the twins' mom (Linda), who said that the entire family had been sick since Tuesday. Yup, the flu is going around, that's for sure! She wanted to know if Jon and Harmony might like a couple of lunch tickets since she apparently has some left over, so I said I'd call them and see what they said.

Tried Jon's cell, with no answer - so left a message instead. I found the house number, and tried THERE with no answer. Then Harmony called me back to see what I wanted. When I told her about the ticket offer from Phil's mom, she seemed interested, but wondered if you had to go to the AGM - she wasn't staying - to be eligible! (she didn't even know there WAS a lunch, much less tickets!) Judging by what Auntie Ying had said about giving them to her care home elderly people, I didn't think so! She said that it should be okay, and thanked me for the offer. Hey, we'll see each other tomorrow for sure! (and yes, I'm going - it helps to have people she knows other than Jon, I'm sure!) So then I called Auntie Ying back to tell her what Harmony had said - she thanked me, which was good.

Almost immediately after that, Henry called to inform me that he had the flu and wouldn't be going to Awana today. Very sensible precaution - REST! I said I'd call Ada, and hoped he felt better soon - he thanked me, at least. Then I called Ada's house with no answer, so tried her cell. That worked, and she can pick me up at 3. I guess I should remember to tell Ian and Sean about my own upcoming hot pot meal, hahaha! (since they had one last week) Then Steph called to say that Mom was at the thrift store (why am I not surprised?), and they'd pick me up at 1 instead of 12:30. Fair enough, as long as I can be home by 2:45 or so!

Guess I really DO have no time to buy blank paper today! Probably it would be better to do so before Thursday, or maybe even Monday before dinner! Who knows... hey! I found a yellow star / bead necklace in my knapsack while figuring out how many notebooks I really need! I'll probably wear it, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home