Thursday, October 22, 2009

Andrea unwell, but still willing to meet up with me quickly!

I called Andrea at 7:45 (while discussing BEATMANIA / piano / violin / lessons with Corey) to see whether she was still up for having coffee tonight. Turns out she was driving when I called, so best not to answer the phone then. When she called me back at 8, she mentioned that she was starting to feel a bit unwell, but she didn't mind meeting up with me quickly. Of course she didn't want to stay out too late because of her scratchy throat - all these little things are going around, for sure. Before you all castigate me for making her go out when she's sick, she's generally healthy (like me), and it was just the start and not something full-blown. She says she was going to call me last night, but got distracted. That's fine, since I was chilling with Billie and her parents last night in Coquitlam!

She came by about an hour later, and we had trouble deciding where to go: Blenz? Boston Pizza? White Spot? Somewhere else? Finally, I decided on Boston Pizza - I like that place, haha. Ordered a chocolate lava cake to share, and a spinach salad (also with eggs / bacon / mushrooms) for myself. We discussed some impatient idiot (who apparently looked like a hardcore biker dude) she encountered at City Square, who told her that not knowing how to use stamps was a sign of mental illness! (the validation people were all standing around with blank looks on their faces when her stamp wouldn't apply properly the first time...) She told him that impatience was also a sign of such... afterwards, the jabronie still looked at her and said something about how people needed to get home to their families. Right, like ONE SECOND would have made a difference, Mr. Key-Tapper?! I'd probably have done the same thing as she did - stupid people!

I told her exactly how I felt about Mr. Creep, and why - she says it's good that I love the children and am concerned about newcomers. No, I don't feel that way about certain other people - they are NOT icky, and I think I can trust them! She told me a new bit of information: his family's supposedly in Langley, so he can't come every Sunday... GOOD! I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM! Discussed Bible Study, Richie, grandmas, Jon / Harmony, her and Chuck's wedding date being the day before Jon and Harmony's anniversary, the Sunday Dinner combined with the Oilers game, Chuck's mom, my feeling awkward if I were to join the women's group NOW even if it was at Karmie's, my teaching Sunday School, Auntie Ying's limitations, mice, money, the Canada Line, her refusing to let me pay, Eric listening to my ranting on various subjects (what a gift!), her and Chuck's wedding planning, and Elaine and Matt in agricultural China.

Elaine knew that it would be the last time she'd see her grandfather, so made sure to spend lots of time with him before leaving, saying her final words and suchlike. Andrea says the funeral was pretty good - a celebration of his life, and not too sad. His friends at the Thunderbird Centre sang AULD LANG SYNE in Mandarin or something, haha. When I got home, I figured that I should start preparing for Sunday School. Then I heard firecrackers outside in the rain.... great, the Halloween madness starts now. Yay.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home