Friday, October 23, 2009

WHY THE FUCK IS A CREEP IN OUR GROUP?! aka "Had to bus home because I can't deal with Mr. Creep!"

I left the apartment early so I could get some things at London Drugs. Found some cucumber-melon hand sanitizer, and then immediately thought I should have purchased the grapefruit instead. I don't think you can return that kind of thing, so I'll just live with it not smelling as alcoholic as I'm used to, haha. Saw some that was specially designed to fight against H1N1, with 70% ethanol... apparently, it was the official supplier to the 2010 Olympics! (some souvenirs caught my eye, but they were a bit expensive...) Also got an Aquafina citrus-flavored water, an on-sale writing pad, a huge mouthwash container, some cappuccino packets, and a 140-page black coiled Hilroy notebook that was on sale, and I noted that the notebooks without coils were more expensive. What's with that? They take AWAY something, and you have to pay MORE for the product?! RIPOFF! I should have just gone home after going to London Drugs, man... or at least spent the evening at Superstore instead!

When I got out of London Drugs, I had JUST missed a 410. Since I'd noted last week that the 405 also goes to Cambie / Jacombs, I took that when it appeared. The route was a little different, but it got me there in the rain! I saw Eric waiting at the school in his car, so I thought that maybe I was really late despite leaving London Drugs at about 6. According to his clock, I was only four minutes late - not too bad. Eric started in by referring to the 405 as "evil" because it came less frequently than the 410 - well, I didn't really have too many other alternatives!

We were random, and he said I was insane... I said I was being RATIONAL, though his logic would have it that I was being IRRATIONAL. He was in a Pho mood for dinner instead of Subway, which suited me just fine. The gas price was 106.9 and there was bad traffic for a bit, both of which he blamed me for. Um, I have not been consuming gas at a high rate by making explosives or C-4 or anything like that! Then he told me that gas wasn't used in explosives or C-4: I bet Corey would use this as another example of why I wouldn't give my kids a chance because I'd teach them all kinds of crazy things.

At Pho, we talked about Steamworks / my being at Billie's (it was NOT a wifely sleepover! :P) / calling Christon, Jen, and Richie about receipts. Also discussed the hockey pool - although he's doing better than my sister, 11 out of 15 isn't exactly top of the leaderboard! He believes that Christon holds that position... better him than a certain other person, haha! Told him about the Sunday Dinner, too - for some reason, he didn't get that email. Large #10s RULE, especially with the hot sauce!

Before we left, he got two orders of spring rolls for the group to share, which sounded like a good idea at the time. When we got to church, it was so windy that when I opened the door, his receipts started blowing around inside the car. Went inside the church where an event of some kind was going on, which I guess I'll ask Henry about tomorrow. Saw Pastor John, Katherine, and was about to say hi to Kevin when I noticed Mr. Creep going up the stairs. Since I wasn't sure where Eric was since he'd gone off somewhere (likely to the kitchen to get a dish for the spring rolls), I went up the stairs myself, then stopped, then went up them again. Yes, I probably looked like an idiot...

I said hi to Vanessa and Danielle while watching to see what Mr. Creep would do. When I saw him go into the revamped lounge, I knew I couldn't stay. WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR HIM TO BE IN A BIBLE STUDY GROUP?!!!! I lingered outside the door, hoping to catch Eric as he came up the stairs. When I saw him, I grabbed him and asked if he believed in premonitions or a sixth sense. He said no... I was about to ask whether he KNEW ABOUT THIS BEFOREHAND because he'd joked that Mr. Creep would make a surprise visit earlier. I said that I couldn't deal with being in the same room as Mr. Creep, so I was busing home. Total time spent in the church building: maybe two minutes as opposed to my normal three hours. One of the Nancys (I think) waved hi to me on her way in and my way out, so I nodded back.

While I was walking to Rupert Station, my sister saw me from her car. She wondered where I was going, so I said that I was going home, and said exactly why. It's true that I didn't have to TALK to him, but I didn't even want to have him LOOK at me! The Skytrain took longer than I expected to get to Waterfront Station. I did get to interact with a little kid who thought the train smelled like teeth, but he liked that and the lights, haha. Actually, I thought I was going the wrong way (and I might have been), so I got off at Commercial Station, and heard my name being called. Wondered if people had somehow managed to follow me HERE, but it was only Joyce and Cordia. They asked where I was going, and I said I was going home... this was met with a "YAY!" from Cordia. I asked where they were going - seems the 99 B-Line got stuck or stopped at every single stop along the route, so they were taking the Skytrain instead. Good idea! I told them why I was going home, and warned them against Mr. Creep - Joyce said that she thought she'd seen him around. Well, don't talk to him, and you'll probably be fine!

On that train, I observed a family's interaction. The dad worked for the Olympic Village or something - at least, he had a Vancouver 2010 construction team jacket on. There were two younger kids (a boy and a girl), and an older boy who looked to be about 13 or so. The kids were very active, for sure! I got off at Braid (after being amused at a station's name: PRODUCTION WAY / UNIVERSITY) because I thought I was going the wrong way. I went out of the station and looked at the map - no, I wasn't. UGH. So I got on the next train, and waited - it did indeed bring me to Waterfront, but after about half an hour or something - I think the Canada Line spoiled me! Went on the Canada Line, and it was a good thing that there was still a 407 waiting outside Brighouse! That got me home earlier than I would have been, I'm sure.

Got home at about 9:45, and was in the middle of putting away my stuff when the phone beeped. I looked at the Caller ID to discover that it was Eric. Waited till I was finished putting things away before calling him back - seems he wanted to make sure I got home okay. Hey, he had the timing for it, since I'd gotten home five minutes before he called. I wanted to know whether Mr. Creep had suddenly died of a heart attack (bad, I know) - he had not done so during the course of the evening, Eric said. Of course Eric was concerned since I was traveling alone at night, but it wasn't like I was going to King George Station, where I hear the crime rate is INSANE! Still, I appreciated his concern even as I told him that the travel was worth not being in the same small room as Mr. Creep. I asked if my sister were still there since he was still at church - yes, and we'd talk about stuff later. Good idea!

Called my sister, who said that she was in fact standing next to Eric at that moment, so had heard his side of the preceding conversation. I told her EXACTLY why I'd left (and there weren't any kids for him to possibly victimize!), and she said that I shouldn't be so judgemental and unwelcoming. I'm hoping that my attitude will drive him from the community, haha. She suggested that if I felt so strongly about it, I should communicate with Johnny and get him to move me to a new group. The only problem with THAT would be the two perfidious blackguards, who I think are in each of the other two groups. Maybe I can get Johnny to move Mr. Creep instead, since that would be great - I like the group as it was before, even if Lesley DOES have practically the same name as I do. UGH, SO ANNOYING! I could email him, but I don't think we have any Bible Studies between now and the next Committee meeting on November 2, so it could wait until then. Steph says she'll tell Johnny to expect some form of communication from me, and said I'd missed a good Bible Study. It wouldn't have been good if he'd been in the room, TRUST ME! I feel WAY TOO UNCOMFORTABLE around him! Maybe I'll ask Christon on Sunday how Mr. Creep found out about the church, haha.

Then after that, I called Auntie Ying back. She wanted to invite me to the Esther Fellowship lunch - but you needed a ticket! If she was treating, I was game! We discussed toddler Sunday School, the kids' birthdays, Richard, Conor, Emily, Mike, Harrison's parents finding out about the church from the website ("from looking on the computer"), birthdays, Esther the kid, Mr. Creep (she'll pray that I'm not too scared about him - it's not THAT so much as feeling uncomfortable), stickers, Rachel's grandma being sick, Bible passages, blank paper (she'll pay me back if I buy some), and more. Now THAT was a nice phone call, and I hope maybe it'll be a weekly ritual, haha. Called my mom: upon hearing that Auntie Ying was treating me to the lunch, she said that I should pay her back. I said "Yes, Mom..." to forestall questions as to why I wouldn't - I just won't tell her about the paper thing, either. Should have told her that I'd gotten a ticket for myself! Honestly, AUNTIE YING OFFERED... it's not like I bugged her so much into offering SOMETHING for me! Man, Mom can be CLUELESS sometimes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home