Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Great-Aunt and Grandma returning to Hong Kong... MORE money?!

After waiting for the 407 for what seemed like an eternity (I read about Amanda Zhao's killers finally being arrested!), it FINALLY showed up. Maybe I should have checked the Translink website before leaving, I don't know. Unlike yesterday, I got a prompt response to my ringing of the doorbell. Dad said I should have some macaroni to tide me over till lunch - I wasn't averse to that, haha. Mom got home a bit later (being surprised that I was early *sigh*), and saw Grandma trying to nap on the couch. Turns out she was up at 4 AM since she apparently couldn't remember when the flight was, and thought it was at 8 AM or something. Great-Aunt was pleased that I'd come to see them off... hey, it's what I do! We got to the airport, where Mom was her typical Type A self while checking them in. I found out Great-Aunt's Chinese name: almost the same as my grandma's, only the Chun has been replaced with a Hing. ;)

We went to the food court after checking in their luggage. I saw a little boy playing with his sister on the luggage carts - he bumped her, and she cried. Then he bumped himself too hard, and spilled a Coke. Mom thought the father had spilled it, but I corrected her. I observe some byplays, hahaha. Talked about Hong Kong, the parents' Singapore cruise (J-Mak's parents are on the same ship!), reiterated offers to have Great-Aunt stay later on, tips, people-movers, someone looking after them on Cathay Pacific, generosity, and more. Saw Uncle Andrew and Auntie Ena there - seems they are going to Hong Kong for a family wedding before going to China. (a niece) They're on the same flight as Grandma and Great-Aunt, though separated by about twenty rows or so. Discussed Sean, work, dentist appointments, Uncle Sam, and two full bags of dental care stuff for the people in China.

Then we saw the two old ladies off - yes, I gave Yee Poh a hug, and she kissed me on the neck. She gave me $50 MORE, of which $9 went to pay for parking. (thanks, Mom...) Later, Mom criticized me for not giving Grandma a hug too, but she's not an emotional or affectionate person! I did say bye to her, I guess. (and of course I hate being publicly emotional!) Then Mom told me about Great-Aunt's hard life with a sister-in-law who didn't like her, and a daughter-in-law who might be the same. Of course her kids are very thankful and appreciative, and she can be generous even if she has family with certain problems! No guilt trips, man... although of course I'll write to thank her for her generosity. Maybe Cousin Eric can translate the letter, haha - and no, I'm not taking the Chinese magazines home! (Great-Aunt told me and my sister to hurry up and get boyfriends and get married. Then she can come here again and "drink beer," which is the literal translation of "wedding banquet," hahahaha.)

I can officially say that I've had enough of eating out for now, although now I want Western food! (so I had Greek food - OPA! - at the food court) Too much seafood and stuff, even though it was good - hopefully, Eric and I will do Subway on Friday! I still need to buy grapes and email Kevin about attendance... later, after I vanquish the remnants of this cough with Neo-Citran! Jocelyn added me to Facebook, yay! As far as Mr. Creep goes, Flora's suggested I watch the movie Doubt. I'll look it up on IMDB, for sure!


Facebook quizzes taken from Kaitlin and Heather:

Leslie took the WHAT FUCKIN KICKASS POKEMON ARE YOU?? quiz and got the result: ONYX. YOU'RE A FUCKIN ROCK SNAKE. HOW ARE YOU EVEN FUCKIN HELD TOGETHER? YOU DON'T FUCKIN KNOW!

Leslie completed the quiz "Which Downtown Vancouver Street Are You?" with the result Denman St. Oh, you love good food and fun attractions and ending your day at the beach! It's possible you have A.D.D. because you keep getting distracted by all the random objects sold in shops around this area, and you know just where to find a good bite. Life is slow-moving for you, but in all the best ways! Enjoy it. (Haven't been there in some time!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home