Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Concern about Mr. Creep, not being at the airport, and NO POO!

I decided to email Pastor John about Creep, and then forwarded it to Auntie Rebecca and Phil too. Dad thought I could talk to the person who's organizing the service projects, but that would be VERY AWKWARD since it's Raymond. (not even for the kids' sake?! YIKES!) Maybe Eric can do it, haha.

Pastor John could verbally let them know of my concern, but thought it was best if I forwarded the email myself. He thanked me for bringing it up to him, and says it's a balance between being welcoming and being careful when it comes to children. Yes, of course it is... but I still cannot shake this feeling. My dad thinks we should wait to see if and when he's cleared by a police check, as per policy - yes, but DO YOU REALLY WANT TO WAIT TILL SOMETHING HAPPENS?! The dictator in me says we should bar him from the church building and surrounding area, like a restraining order. No, I don't feel like this about all newcomers, as I was telling Eric and Corey. The first two paragraphs are the background that I provided to Phil and Auntie Rebecca:

Hi, Phil and Auntie Rebecca. Background: There's this newcomer to our church and Fellowship that I get this OFF feeling from. He shook my hand last Friday, and I instantly felt icky and creepy all over - I could NOT shake the feeling! Perhaps it was because I saw him sign up for our David Fellowship service project on Friday night which involves helping out at Kids Night this year. (his first visit EVER was last Sunday, October 4) That set alarm bells ringing in my head because that's what a pedophile / creep would do, and I couldn't shake it off.

He's this white older guy named Daniel. I talked to Pastor John briefly about it on Sunday, and sent him the following email this afternoon, and he advised I forward this to you guys directly. Since I know you both work with children / teens, I'd advise you to watch out for him! Yes, I know we have the child protection policies in place for a reason. But you both know I love the children and teens of this church, and don't want anything to happen to them... if he tries to help out with anything kid-related, I'd say NO. If he shows up at any event where kids are around and in a vulnerable position... I'd be very concerned. No, I'm not saying he IS a pedophile or anything, but....

Hi, Pastor John. Thanks for listening to me about the newcomer on Sunday. I know that the church has child protection policies in place to minimize the chances of abuse, but I still found his behavior with the service project sign-up sheets as a first-time visitor to be very odd. When I shook his hand on Friday night, I just instantly felt ICKY. There's no other way to describe it, and I'm not normally one to either shun newcomers or put stock in VIBES you get from people! I'm usually fairly open-minded, but something just feels OFF about this guy, hence why I am not acting the way I normally would. I'm not saying ROLL OUT THE PEDOPHILE ALERT or anything, but my personal instincts say to be wary and not give out any personal info, even down to my name! And no, I don't feel guilty about not being Christian and exhibiting loving kindness toward him. I'm not really sorry about it either, although the typical NG bluntness is tempered a bit because this email is going to my PASTOR, of all people! I just had to say what I couldn't with him standing like two feet away from the water cooler! Maybe this makes me a bad Christian, I don't know..



My mother, on my needing to eat just ONE MORE cold cut at Dinesty last week: "But it's just a cold cut!" [when we were younger and complained about eating fruit practically right after dinner, she used to say that fruit wouldn't make you full... um, sure...]
Me, immediately: "Like cold cuts don't make you FULL?!" (I was already PLENTY full enough!)
Steph: Hahaha! YEAH, Mom!

I just told Corey that I was going to bed because I was at the airport... of course, what I really meant was that I was GOING to the airport. What the?!

Poo nugget for Wednesday, October 14: Log Jam - A Watched Pot... - Despite stomach pains, rancid gas, and the feeling of a turd on deck, sometimes nothing comes out no matter how hard you try to push. After ten to fifteen minutes in the bathroom, your friends / spouse / roommate may start to worry about you. But you may not be ready to give up yet. However, when you ultimately decide that it was a false alarm, the emptiness of the toilet bowl is a cruel reminder of your inability to perform. {POO OF THE MONTH!}

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home