Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Mice chewing through ANYTHING! / Monk being afraid to touch anything!

I was in the laundry room a while ago and Hester came in because she thought someone had left the lights on. Uh, no... I was in there! I decided to make reference to "a note of complaint on the washing machine and dryer," asking if the machines worked properly. She says she comes there often to wash her stuff because she lives on the second floor, and they work properly. Well, I certainly HOPE SO! (also says she'll give me the traps tomorrow... we'll see!) The washing machine worked properly this time, so YAY for that! :D

I noticed a hole at the back of my CD shelf, so maybe that's where the mice are getting in! I hadn't noticed it before, and I wouldn't put it past the mice to CHEW A HOLE through wood! Pat says if they're curious, or looking for someplace warm, they'll chew through almost anything -- flexible dryer ducts, fiber-board cupboards, paneling, Styrofoam insulation, plastic sheathing (for wiring), you name it...

Great. That was JUST what I wanted to hear... NOT! Mom says we're having a late Thanksgiving lunch at 1 PM on Monday - fair enough, I suppose! Corey thinks I'd get along well with the fictional detective Monk, who has a lot of phobias. HA HA HA. "You should watch the show Monk. :P You might like that. It's about a detective that is extremely OCD and afraid to touch basically anything, and has tons of other weird quirks. I think the series just ended, actually... they're all single episodes, though. You don't have to watch them in order or anything. I'm sure there's torrents of it. It's kind of a low-budget show, but it had like nine seasons, I think. I was never interested in it, but my mom likes it, and it's pretty good actually... all the characters are good."

"So he figures out all the crimes, but he has a really hard time doing much about it because of all his phobias. :P He solves the crime at the end of the episode though, of course. Sometimes he has to touch something, or walk on a floor without shoes, or something else completely horrible like that. :P It's sort of a mystery / comedy, I guess. It's mostly serious, not a bunch of goofy junk, but there's plenty of funny stuff. I'm not saying you're Monk, but you two would get along well when it comes to touching gross things. :P He carries little wipe things around with him, and uses that whenever he has to touch something."


Leslie's just got their Evangelist Name from Name Generators. It's Pastor Dwight S. Feathers.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home