Saturday, September 19, 2009

Interesting thought processes, and psyching yourself into not getting sick

Henry picked me up a bit earlier than I was expecting; we discussed Daniel Fellowship's noisy games program, his own Fellowship's coffeehouse follow-up program, spicy wings (his sister was tricked by SUICIDE WINGS in the fridge once!), the jalapeno sauce story, his never getting sick (nice in theory - but I remember a certain dinner where he was REALLY getting sick!), the movie CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS, UP, 3D movies in general, Gwyneth, Evelyn's birthday party, my birthday dinner, and more stuff on the ride to church. When I arrived at the fellowship hall, I said hi to Jordan, who gave me a vicious glare in return. SOME kids! Learned that Chrystal is going on a cruise to L.A. next week - still lucky! (I didn't make food jokes...)

Said hi to little Joshua, Rachel, Olivia, Ian M., Anne J., Sean S., Conor, Nicholas T., and other kids before I manned the Awana Store temporarily. Helped Golden, Chris, Bob, and Sabrina with some stuff - Sabrina was amused when I told her that Henry was trying to psych himself into NOT getting sick from his niece! Well, it'll probably happen to you anyway since you live in the same house! I was a nice smiling secretary to a bunch of the parents, and had a reminder that the parents could go through a typical day of Awana next week with their kids! Saw Maxine's niece Kayla again - it's been years, and she's maybe six? Sean S. actually talked to me about stuff from the Awana Store, heh. Chrystal and I were trying to figure out who some of the kids were - no clue over here, man!

Auntie Rebecca was asking everyone about the Thanksgiving Dinner - she says my dad will be there, so I should have a ride. Let's see what happens! Wished Auntie Vivian a happy belated birthday, which she certainly wasn't expecting! Michelle pretended to be a Cubbie, but I told her that she was a bit too tall to be a preschooler! Chris, Henry, Ada, and I were a bit bemused by Sean L.'s homemade "Come to Awana!" card - it started out with the lyrics to GIVE ME OIL IN MY LAMP, but then devolved into "because all day long" repeated a LOT / "the fumos is so fun" / "sing to hosanna." Maybe that gives us a glimpse into his thought processes, I don't know - ah, autism!

On the way to the townhouse, Sean L. directly called me by name for the first time ever while blabbing on about weird stuff. He and his brother Ian were making up silly nicknames for a crazy game, and then telling each other weird knock-knock jokes. Ada said that the kids' grandma was away in Hong Kong for a couple of months - hey, all the more power to her if she can travel at 80 years old! Discussed water bottles, "Fat Man / Cat Man / Giant / Lady / Princess," licking people's fingers, and more - these kids are interesting! Car rides are bound to be silly this year, but I don't mind!

Got to the townhouse to find that Erin and Ben had dropped in before going to Shabusen, so we joked about how they had a lot of family dinners. They go back to Ottawa tomorrow at 10:30, and there are China / Hawaii family flights too! Apparently, Erin's mom went through her suitcase while Erin and Ben were gone on their honeymoon, and of course now Erin can't find things like her bra! UGH, PARENTS! Then again, Auntie Brenda has been known to admit to reading her daughter's teenage diary to find out how Erin felt about stuff... you don't DO that! (at least be more discreet!) Hey, Amos finally added me to Facebook, haha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home