Monday, August 10, 2009

Your proposals got REJECTED! Victory over stupid people!

I thought I'd miss the bus AND the connecting bus to get to the meeting place, but luck was with me as the 410 actually STAYED at the stop instead of rushing off. Also saw some moron walking right in the middle of a lane (with oncoming traffic) on #3 Rd. - DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH, LADY?! Eric got to the intersection just as I was stepping off the bus, so we had a suitably random and crazy ride to Superstore. He wondered why I was wearing capris in the rain, so I told him that it was all about the color CHILI, and that it was part of my new style. Of course he went into "crazy accent mode" - hahaha! Ah, I love the random car rides - discussed it being my fault that there was bad traffic, drugs, medicine, nosepads, periods, and more. We got to Superstore, where I tried convincing him that we could eat at the Subway tables. Turns out we should have done that because we had to wait for a while in front of the church with Eric T., Vivian, Dylan, Kevin, and Johnny! Eric T. said that Auntie Rebecca had the keys, since there was a CSC worship team practice scheduled for tonight.

Dylan tried to hold part of the meeting outside, but that didn't work - Eric and I just ate our sandwiches, while he said that he should have listened to me in the first place! So then we figured we'd go to either Starbucks or Tim Horton's - and as soon as we piled into Dylan's car, Auntie Rebecca arrived! Too late, so we went to the 24-hour Tim Horton's near the Cactus Club / Boston Pizza that we used to go to all the time after Fellowship. I found it quite hilarious, and something to tell Jon whenever I see him next! We saw a few police officers there, plus a crying kid.

After Dylan bought something to eat and drink to justify our presence there, we discussed Cindy / Wesley / Sam / Joey / Phil / programs / other things. While looking through the minutes from the last meeting, I was VERY PLEASED to discover that a certain perfidious blackguard's fundraising proposals (tutoring and a car wash) got REJECTED! (I described this to Eric later as "a victory over the stupid people") Later, Eric got peppermint herbal tea (no caffeine!) - yes, he can get his tea fix! The guys discussed baseball, interviews, Calla, and Deb's uncle getting kidnapped in the Philippines. (Dylan's new family was apparently very casual about it, yikes!)

On the way home, I told Eric that I was very pleased with the good committee meeting. After discussing that for a while, we got gas before going home. Discussed Riverview, England / Ireland / Scotland (my parents aren't scouting it for Nathan!), Pho, Mui's / Louis Garden, jeans, Happy May Child Care, being random, caring, Fidelis Tea House, Western Lake Seafood Restaurant, Dairy Queen, #4 / Alderbridge, Nancy Wonton House, Green Village / Tsui Woo, Alan and Polly, childless couples, Big G not taking the bus, some guy rummaging around in the apartment dumpster, my comfort level upon seeing that, and more.

At home, Billie and I discussed drama (tagging) / boys / stupidity. Then Corey said that my box of digestive cookies had gotten there already, so I must have whipped the post office into shape after last time with the stuff that got there, but didn't really. That's pretty quick, since I just mailed them out very recently! Got a good-sounding email from Krista, and now Billie and I are just chilling (after she signed my guestbook) and having Celestial Seasonings tea. Yay! (called Mom, who said she's having lunch with Jon and Harmony tomorrow - we'll see about that!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home