Sunday, August 09, 2009

SIMPLETON is a reasonable insult these days!

Parents picked me up this morning, even if I was a little late going out to meet them because I had to wish Richie a happy birthday via FB wall post. Also, I had thought of some other stuff I should pack for my stay at the townhouse, so did it right then instead of waiting - I might forget, otherwise. My mom finally gave me the keys to the place, which is good if I go out and leave Grandma home (not too likely to happen) - at least it won't be like May 2008, because that was BAD! ("Go out now! You can bus home after I call a cab just for you! No, I won't cab you home!" *rolleyes*) Watched Grandma tie two fringes to one another on a blanket, over and over. Just because I said it was pretty doesn't mean I want one of my own, hahaha. Mom's was nice, all blue and cute with teddy bears!

She says that Auntie Vonnie and Uncle Stanley now have a granddaughter named Abigail; apparently, she found this out through Facebook. I don't think she HAS Facebook, although she was asking me how people know she doesn't have it, and how easy it would be to accept an invite / use it in general. I'd tell her that it's too hard for her, but people like Ivan's dad Uncle Arthur (who just confirmed me as a friend on there) use it. HMM!

Got to service, and wished Richie a happy birthday in person while we let Emily in a pew first so she could sit by Sam. He remembered that I was the birthday person - you bet! Unfortunately, the two perfidious blackguards (who are definitely too close to one another) were in front of me - BAD SEATING! Remembered that Jon was at his in-laws' church, teaching Sunday School. (told that to Jen later) Had to listen to a bunch of feedback that made us CRINGE, but I was amused with Nathan's Powerpoint, which said "we lift up our my hands" in one particular song! I just hope he ate something before coming to church, haha! Pastor Edward brought up eating a black thing to get his voice back after speaking a LOT during the day for four services, which was later revealed to be DRIED COCKROACHES - EWWWW! "Don't believe everything you hear!" Thanks to the sermon, I also rediscovered "simpleton" as a reasonable insult - it's not used widely these days, heh.

I saw Connie taking care of her niece Megan and nephew Connor, so that distracted me for a bit. Also noticed Edwin, his girlfriend Jane, and his mom in church - I had to at least officially notice Auntie Susan and hug her, so I did that almost as soon as service was over. She wanted me to help get Pastor Edward's attention before he / they left, so I did that in what must be the fastest personal exit from the sanctuary EVER for me! After that, I greeted Tony and listened to Andrew say that camp was boring / covered the same topics repeatedly, so he didn't go with the rest of the Timothy people this weekend. I talked to Andrew in the fellowship hall about his quick McDonalds job interview. His friend is a manager there, so put his resumé at the top of the heap - hey, he can come in tomorrow! I mused that Noah had somehow grown a bit taller in the three weeks or so that I haven't seen him! Noticed Lesley hug Cindy and Julie, but I don't know why... it's not like they never see each other! *sigh*

While I was getting some red grapes, Jeremy asked me how the rodent problem was: they actually seem to have gone away, but one never knows! Asked Pastor John about the UK - he was there for about two weeks! Said hi to Karen and Lincoln; talked to Jen about a Christian producer guy she'd met - Jon does know about it, and I'm happy for her and Jason, even if it's still new. Said hi to Mark, and brought up his HARRY POTTER WAND note, which I need to repost - Citrus said that they had to arrest someone who was masturbating in his own backyard, and give him a court date! That's gotta be embarrassing, and "my own personal property" doesn't cover it because apparently it's still indecent exposure! (and I used "cover it" intentionally!)

Exited the fellowship hall, and said hi to a sleepy baby Mattias - he just stared at me, even as I jangled my keys in front of his face. Then I said hi to baby Allison, who was transfixed watching Mike do a weird dance routine. She was licking all the salt off a goldfish cracker, haha. Maybe she's too used to the baby crackers, which just melt! Later, she gave us a real smile instead of a funny face... she's so cute! When I refilled my water bottle from the cooler while talking to Sheena, I said hi to Joshua and Keenan, who apparently didn't want any water! Joshua tried to block my access to my green lid, which I'd put on the bench so I wouldn't have to hold it... nice try, but I'm bigger than you and can REACH OVER YOUR HEAD! Said hi to Sanne before going upstairs - they go back to the Netherlands (Holland) on Wednesday!

Discovered Amanda, Margaret, her cousin Alan, Arthur, David (with a shaved head - I almost didn't recognize him!), and Evelyn in Toddler Sunday School. Margaret was busily making a BIG tower out of Duplo; it bent and broke several times! I noticed that Arthur had Thomas the Train socks, hahahaha! (he liked those, and talked to me about TV and alphabet letters) Told Auntie Fonda that I had a Ripley's book for her to borrow, and she said she'd give it back next week - meh, that's okay! Rachel's grandma gave me a fig - so refreshing! Alan refused to speak much English, even though Auntie Fonda thought I could help him because he's a new immigrant. Well, they'll expect you to understand / speak it in school, kid!

Forgot to give Arthur's toy car back to him after class, so it's now in a Ziploc bag with a note to myself as to what / whose it is. Actually, one of my nose pads for my glasses is also in a (different) Ziploc bag with a note as to what it is, since I noticed it fly off while I was playing Duplo with the kids! Hopefully, I can get it fixed tomorrow at the glasses place in the mall - Iris, or the newer place which I forget the name of. Went downstairs, and asked Grandma if she wanted some water, which she misunderstood as "Did you go to the bathroom yet?" Hahaha! Told Ivan that I'd seen his dad on Facebook, so Ivan had better be really careful what he puts on there - his dad added him first, yikes!

I also had to remind her of Jon's whereabouts when she thought he'd join us for lunch; it's a good thing she seems to recognize Harmony's name when I said it! (as opposed to "his wife") Then she thought that I'd go with her to some seniors' picnic, or that she'd need a ride to church for the next couple of Sundays. Luckily, Auntie Annie (Jason M.'s mom) was there to provide translation help! Of course Grandma knows who White Kid (Eric) is, thank goodness! She'll probably forget, but at least it's in her mind NOW! (also told her about grad banquet as "we're congratulating Jon here at the church on Friday night for dinner!") Talked to Auntie Cissy about getting Sam and Jeremy (Gr. 10?!) ready for school, as well - Sam's lucky to have his dad go with him to get him settled!

Eventually, we went to Tsui Woo for lunch with Alan and Polly. (Mom thought Isabel wouldn't know Winnie... of course she knows Auntie Monica's daughter!) They discussed the cruise, and Edwin's mom. Uncle Eric thought Alan looked like Jon from the back, haha. Saw Derek and said hi, of course. I did understand most of what they talked about in Chinese, which is fine. Then Dad almost forgot to take me home after Mom bought Chinese medicine which you can burn on your hands (don't ask), and some preserved vegetables which were sold as "sliced mustard tuber." Good thing they took me home, since I need to clean / do laundry / take medicine! I had the tablets with me, but still!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home