Monday, August 10, 2009

Keychains, just forgetting things, stupid people, LOLcats, and killing your boss

This thing just restarted, and I have to go out soon! (explained later) UGH!

I thought I'd miss the bus since I saw it pull out of the stop right when I was rushing to get it, but the driver saw me and was nice enough to stop to let me in! Figured that I should change the computer clock (which I've just done) when I got home - met Billie in front of Richmond Sushi, so YAY for killing memory dragons! We didn't have to wait for a table (unlike the last time I was there), and we had a good time talking about stupid people / final exams / dumb doctors / girls / boys / Shaina, who wants Billie to just forget a slur made on NYE (and she never apologized) / stupid people who don't know what "obsession" is / people who think you can just cancel plans you made MONTHS ago in favor of family time / Persian culture / sex / other things. Had good miso soup, fish soup, various rolls (California / Alaska / spicy chicken / spicy tuna / etc.), mango pudding, and more.

From there, it was off to the mall. I had to get new nosepads for my glasses from Iris, and a butterfly keychain for my keys from the dollar store. Billie got a bunch of stuff from the anime store, and we kinda browsed Coles and HMV for a while. Got a laugh out of certain books: the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun (Professor Happycat and I Can Has Cheezburger), F My Life (Maxime Valette / Guillaume Passaglia / Didier Guedj / Missbean), Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals (Amanda McCall and Ben Schwartz), Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions (Christian Lander), 101 Ways to Kill Your Boss (Graham Roumieu), and more.

Went home since it was actually raining quite hard (talked to Billie's mom Tara for a minute), and tried calling Eric to make plans for tonight to no avail. Discussed Bathroom Readers, water bottles from the fridge, perverted people, pasta, rice, digestive biscuits, incessant messages, meeting more of my family, weird phone calls (1-303-280-8689 from Colorado?!), condoms in pockets, the Virgin Islands scam, stories, college, the LOLcat Bible, and more. I discovered that my mom had tried to call me, but I was out... so she sent me an email instead. Mom had spelled "Flime" as "flame," and said that Big G had back pain, so she was going to Auntie Ruby's for a doctor's appointment. Maybe she doesn't want my parents to go on holiday, but you can't just cancel a cruise with one day's notice!

Anyway, she wanted me to come keep her company, but I have other plans... I can't really skip Committee Meeting and leave Billie stranded here! So I called Jon to tell him that - I wasn't really expecting Harmony to answer the phone, oops. Luckily, I was able to tell her what was happening, so I'll see them all tomorrow at some point! Now Billie's here, and we're just reading and such. Eric's just called, and wanted to know if I wanted a ride to the meeting - well, unless you want me to skip it, a ride would be very much appreciated! This means I have to go out again soon - yes, I did warn Billie of the meeting, and she didn't seem to mind! I'll meet him at the usual intersection at 6, since we need time to stop and grab dinner before the meeting starts at 7 - whee for Subway or something like it! ;)


Misreadings of the Day

1. I misread "Shojo BOAT" as "Shojo BORAT" - HAHAHA!
2. Billie misread "Jillian" as "Jihad." Oops. I told her about the "cabbage rolls" as "garbage rolls" mixup, and how my brother wasn't impressed - she got some laughs out of it, anyway!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home